Tuesday, October 08, 2013
It's that time again
1. The USA will mark Columbus Day this year on Monday, October 14th. What's something you need or want to explore (literally or metaphorically speaking)?
new job and new living possibilities
2. The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz, Ursula from The Little Mermaid, or Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty...who do you most love to hate?
3. Is open-mindedness a virtue?
Virtue is about morals, I think people should be open-minded about other people's morals. Ok, I really have no answer for this, I have so much on my mind right now. Today is laundry day, so I'm thinking about that, plus sharing one of my cool pieces of artwork with one of my bosses, plus buying more bus passes, and my job, and this weekend, and my living situation, and the holidays. I have so many things on my mind. I really don't want to think about this question.
4. How often do you weigh yourself?
Most likely once a month. I know there's a little extra on me, but I'm too lazy to exercise more and too whatever to eat healthier.
5. This question comes to you courtesy of Rebecca over at Making Memories, so thanks Rebecca!
Costa Rica was recently named the happiest country in the world on the Happy Planet Index. What's the happiest country in the world to you, and what makes it so?
Peopl who are happy with most aspects of their lives (I'm not entirely sure you can be happy with everything) and who try to spread their happiness with other people. I haven't been outside the US, so I don't know what would be the happiest country.
6. Besides The Bible, what is one book you think should be mandatory reading for high school students? Why?
How about A Brave New World or 1984, just so people can see how the world might get. I recently read 1984, that's a weird world, but I could see it. Having your every move watched, and then changing you if they think you're doing something wrong.
7. I went shopping at some nearby outlets last week, and while I was there, I picked up a couple of Christmas gifts. How about you? Have you started your holiday shopping yet?
My holiday shopping generally starts in January. I find it easier to look for things throughout the year. That being said, I actually didn't start until this summer. I've been picking things up at garage sales. My dad is the worst to shop for, I'll probably end up contributing money to a shared gift. After years of watching my parents get so stressed over last minute shopping, when I started shopping, I decided I wouldn't do that. Also, after spending tons of money every year on more stuff for people, I told my family last year, I wouldn't be spending as much, they would probably be getting small presents this year.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have two.
There's a reorganization of roles at my job coming up soon and I'm afraid I might have to quit and get a full time job elsewhere. I guess the events of late just prove you shouldn't get too settled into anything. I had hit the point in my life where I loved my job a little too early, so I think I'll have to get to the point where I'm ok with my job but I'm making enough money.
I signed up for a fall swap last week because I love swapping things with people. Unfortunately the swap disappeared, and I really want to swap with someone. Anyone wanna do a swap with me?
I guess I'll go back to that weekly post thing. I am still trying to do the Wednesday Hodgepodge when the questions seem interesting to ...
So, It's been awhile, cause that always seems to happen. I've just been creating for swaps, and being a lump on my couch. Check o...
I went shopping today. I've been trying to be good and not shop (especially since I have a couple bigger shopping trips planned in the ...