Monday, August 08, 2011

Job things

So, I learned some good news today. As you know I work at the public library here in my town. My boss created another job higher than my level but under my lead workers levels (they're basically my supervisors), that gives us some more responsibility plus benefits and a salary. I applied for it, I've only been there almost two years (will be two in Oct), but I have worked in a library in college, and I volunteered at the library for maybe a couple years before I started working here. I also do things when they need to be done, and volunteer when other people don't. Plus I love the job, and the people I get to work with.
Anywho, I applied for the job, and was asked to sign up for an interview time today. I signed up for the first one which happens to be tomorrow morning (Tues). Now, I'm kinda nervous, I have no idea what they will ask at the interview, plus I'm not really sure what to wear. I'm thinking maybe khaki pants and a nice shirt, but I really don't know. A friend said I should wear one of my nice skirts, but since I always seem to be wearing a skirt to work, I thought maybe something different.

Anyone have any encouraging comments, or suggestions on what I should wear? They would be very much appreciated.


And, no, the picture has nothing to do with this post, it's one of the Chinese paper cuts I bought last weekend, I just figured you might need something to look at.

Thanks All






1 comment:

*Goddess* said...

Do NOT stress. If this job is meant to be yours, nothing you can say or do or wear will screw it up. So relax, feel good and just keep affirming and seeing this job as YOURS:)