Saturday, July 16, 2011

Interesting finds

Went to some interesting sales this weekend, though it was hard to convince myself to go out as the temperatures have been in the upper 80's and around 70% humidity. I'm glad I went though. Here's what I found:
It says it's a taper tipper. The instructions say it's to make it so your tapered candles fit in your candleholders. I had no idea what it was, it's just incredibly cute, and I can add it to my silver collection.

a couple bandanas to use when I dress up for my other job, a book that will be great for an altered book, it's got a great cover, plus the pages are gilded. A round doily, I bought it to put on a table, but it turned out too small (i really should measure that table), and didn't look good anyway, I will find somewhere else to put it. A cute piggy bank, it sorta matches the piggy planter I bought here.

A Haeger bowl, my mom said it was a really good bowl, so I got it.

A wooden seahorse, I'm planning on decorating it. A sci fi book, a bug bag(too cute!), a stuffed frog, an old time elf on a mushoorm, some millinery flowers, and a pink tree.

2 children's chapter books, I found out that our youth program doesn't have a budget for these kinds of prizes, so I figured I'd buy them when I saw good ones. A pink brooch, and 3 cute little bears.


I didn't realize I hadn't posted on here since last weekend. I have been working a ton this week, I even dreamt about work 3 nights in a row(that's when you need a break, right?). I was waiting for the Thursday Five on Flip Flops and Combat Boots, but it didn't come up this week. I hope to post more next week.

No comments: