Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's a name you haven't earned yet

UGH!! So my mother's having me do some work around the house for money. One of the projects I'm doing is sanding, staining and varnishing windows. She and my dad have decided it's $50.00 per window, I'm guessing if they were paying someone professional to do it, it'd be at least $100 a window. And if I didn't have to do this, these things would never get done.
We had a conversation about my lack of cleanliness (OK, she talked, I kinda tuned her out. I've found that's the only way to keep her words and tone from cutting into me so much that she makes me cry), and she said if I was living in some other landlord's apartment that I would get kicked out. When I mentioned this to Kevin later in the day, he said no landlord would kick someone out for being messy. It's not like I have food sitting around collecting bugs or anything. I'm just a little slow at cleaning some stuff up, my floors need some vacuuming. I should bring up the fact that if you go into the first floor bathroom, you can see spots all around the toilet, I'm pretty sure you can all figure out what they are. And I'm the one who has sick habits? I don't think so, just because you can't handle the fact that my floors need vacuuming, doesn't mean I'm living in a house full of crap. She happens to vacuum like its religious, you may not be able to see anything on the floor, but dammit she has to vacuum all the damn time.
And once again, I say, If I had the money I wouldn't be living here.
I kinda wish I had the relationship with my parents and brother that Kevin has. He called his dad yesterday, and ended up spending 45 minutes on the phone with his mother, at least that much time with his dad, and then later in the day at least that much time with his brother. I don't know if it's because I live so close to my parents, that I'm their little girl, that I am so different than my brother, or what. But I wouldn't mind having that relationship with my family.

1 comment:

Carrie M said...

Yeah, as long as you're not causing an infestation, massive property damage, etc, a landlord won't kick you out just for being messy. The most that would happen is you might not get all of your deposit back when you move out, but that would only be if you did a half assed job of cleaning when you moved out. Landlords don't evict people just for having cluttered apartments, and if they do, there are probably other reasons as well.