Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Hodgepodge Time

It's Hodgepodge time again. Check out Joyce's blog to see other people's answers.

1. What would you say is the best and worst thing about moving house? I like getting rid of stuff I don't need, but I don't like having to sort my stuff. I feel you find out how much stuff you really have when you start packing it up. I also have a hard time wrapping breakable stuff.

2. What's moved you recently? I have been a bit depressed lately, but my artwork always moves me out of it. 
I was also watching Everest last night, and that movie totally moved me to tears when Rob Hall is dying on the mountain.

3. Do you feel your life is moving forward, backward, or is on hold? How so? Sometimes I feel I'm moving backwards. I get a little further in life (like the salaried job I got last year), but there's always something else to deal with (like still not being able to afford health insurance. And then there's this whole moving thing. I've still not unpacked all my boxes. I was getting a pretty good start until we had 7 inches of rain in one night and the sump pump stopped working, and I woke up to a tiny pond in my bedroom. I'm back to piles of boxes (but nothing on the floor, cause it still feels a bit damp). I have much less space in this new place which I kinda like, but again, I find I have too much stuff and for some reason I can't stop shopping.

4. On the move, move mountainsget a move onit's your move, or bust a move...which phrase best applies to some aspect of your life right now? Explain. Probably get a move on, I am in the middle of quite a few swaps, and the moment I sit down in front of the computer and get online, it's all downhill. I feel I've been way less productive since I found YouTube. I'm trying to just get up and create, I can do most of my online morning stuff on my phone, but not watch YouTube or read my blogs, and that makes a huge difference.

5. What song makes you want to get up and move? Shake a Tail Feather



6. Your favorite snack to grab when you're 'on the move'? granola bars, I don't really eat a lot when I'm on the go. I like stopping at fast food places.

7. What one accessory makes your house feel like home? I'm trying to remember what I had to unpack first thing. When I first moved in here, things weren't done and my landlords were out of town for a week. As long as I had my computer, chair and Blu-Ray player I was good, but I had to go out and buy something pretty to look at. I just need something that makes me smile, usually it's some geeky thing.

8. Insert your own random thought here. Saturday is my grandma's 100th birthday. I was thinking the other day how strange it would be to live that long, how much would have changed throughout your life time. It's really hard to wrap my mind around.

3 comments:

Nonnie said...

Okay, okay!! Now I feel like shakin' it! Thanks!

Congratulations and happy birthday to your grandma. Wow. I can't imagine. I hope she enjoys the celebration.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

How blessed you are to have a grandmother who has experienced so much in her 100 years. She has probably lived through the greatest period of time. Wish her Happy Birthday from you blogging buddies.

Barbara said...

Happy Birthday to your grandmother!!

Moving is hard and finding a place for everything is quite the challenge. I hope it all comes together for you very soon!