Wednesday, May 27, 2015

It's Hodgepodging Time

It's Wednesday, which means it's time for the Hodgepodge, head on over to Joyce's blog to see how other people answered.


1.  Did you do anything 'memorable' this past weekend?
I did not, I actually did less than I usually do during the weekend. I'm blaming it on the rain, it has been rainy lately, today looks like the only rainy day in my week.
2. Ronald Reagan is quoted as saying-
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."  
 Your thoughts? Do you somehow acknowledge and appreciate the freedoms you enjoy? Did your upbringing contribute to that sense of appreciation? If you're a parent, are there specific things you do to pass on this sense of responsibility and appreciation to your own children in regard to the freedoms they enjoy?
I agree, people never think about what it took to get us free. Thankfully, we're not surrounded by other countries that might invade us and take away our freedom.
My parents never really did anything to make us appreciate it. We went to most of the memorials in DC and I totally took time at the memorials, but on Monday I met my parents at the memorial service, my mom seemed a little upset that I didn't go, but I do think about the soldiers everyday, I don't think a memorial service once a year is something I need to do. From her, it seemed like that's all she does.
I think you can show support in how you do things, have the flag in your yard, hang posters in your windows, talk to soldiers, police officers, etc., when you see them.

 3. Loudest noise you've ever heard?
I'd say gunshots. My ex and I would go shooting, those are plenty loud.

 4. What was the last thing you ate that might be considered 'junk food'? Did you enjoy it?
Funny you ask, we went to Target on Monday, and all I bought was junk food. Yesterday, I had chocolate covered fruit, a Reese' peanut butter cup, and some Edy's Drumstick ice cream. I always enjoy my junk food. One of the reasons I can never diet is I will never give up my junk food. I am *trying* (again) to give up pop. I've haven't one in 4 days and I'm pretty happy with myself.

 5. When was the last time you were somewhere the crowd felt 'packed in like sardines'?
I don't really get that feeling in crowds, and if I think it's going to be that way, I certainly don't participate. I'm not a fan of feeling there is no out.

 6. Are you organized when it comes to packing for a trip? Do you make a list weeks in advance or toss items in last minute? Are you a carry-on only sort of packer or do you need an entire suitcase for your shoes?
I try to be. I generally make lists and make sure I have enough other clothes to have options. That said, when we went to Charleston over Christmas last year, I was expecting it to be warmer than it was and I didn't pack cooler weather clothes and was chilly the whole time we were there. I always try to just have the carry on. I'm not sure if we've ever lost a checked bag, but my parents may have and that fear/way of doing things has been instilled in me, so I try not to have more than one bag. But, the airport we fly out of, is tiny so generally we're on tiny planes, that if full enough have to check at the gate. I find that a little unnerving.

 7. What was the last sporting event you attended in person? Did your team win? Did you care?
I don't do sporting events. I do work basketball events at our event center, so we could go with that, but I rarely stay until the end of them, so I never know if our team wins.

 8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Sorry, nothing this week. I just posted a big post the other day of catching up, check that out.

No comments: