Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Calming Hodgepodge

It's Hodgepodge time again.


1. When is your next big deadline? What's it for?
I don't really have deadlines, unless you count when my library books are due. I'm reading one right now called Bad Days in History: A Gleefully Grim Chronicle of Misfortune, Mayhem and Misery for Every Day of the Year by Michael Farquhar that's due tomorrow. It's pretty interesting and funny.

2. May is National Barbecue Month. Do you prefer cooking indoors or out? What's the best thing about a barbecue? What's the last thing you cooked on an outdoor grill?
I like the smell of grilling, but I'm not that great a cook anyway, so I don't think I'd do well at grilling. I've never actually grilled I have watched my ex, but that's about it.

3. What is one thing on your "never again" list?
This actually came up last weekend. I had to work at 11:30 and wanted to hit this one garage sale that promised buttons and sewing items, so I got up early to get to it when it opened. I got there about 4 or 5 minutes before it's starting time and noticed someone walking away with two big jars of buttons. I didn't see any other buttons at the sale, and the only sewing items I saw was a giant tub of embroidery floss. I did find a few rocks to buy, but as I was going to check out, the lady in front of me had a couple Pyrex bowls that I totally would have bought. So, I decided I'm not getting up early for garage sales anymore. Normally, I don't, I get up when I wake up and if I'm supposed to have something it will be there when I get there, but I was so worried about getting to this sale and the farmer's market and getting to work on time that I decided to get up early, not again.

 4. What's something that annoys you about people your own age? Something you love about your generation?
I hate how self-absorbed people are (of course that could go for all ages). It just seems like so many people feel the world revolves around them and don't think about anyone else, and it really bothers me.

5. Lilac, iris, hyacinth, pansy...your favorite purple flower?
Iris, definitely. There are these giant purple ones that bloom in the yard, that I love. I know it's definitely spring when they bloom. I really like the smell of lilacs though, they are just so fragrant.

 6. Whats a song that always calms you down?
Run by George Strait. It's kinda funny that it does, though. I remember the first time I heard it was shortly after coming home on September 11, 2001 and there's a line in it: If there's a plane or a bus leaving Dallas, I hope you're on it" I remember that line being so upsetting at the time, but I guess the song calmed me down, now every time I hear it, it has a calming effect on me.

 7. What's the last thing you donated?
I think it was housewares, most likely shortly after our last garage sale last August. I do have a giant garbage bag of stuffed animals and a box of Christmas stuff sitting on my floor waiting to go to Goodwill.

 8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today (Tuesday) is my parents 42nd anniversary, and since I don't have a lot of money, I thought I'd make them Taste of Home's Spinach Pizza:

I didn't find it very filling, but it was pretty good, and they liked it, so I guess that's all that matters.

No comments: