Monday, June 10, 2013

Life

So, it's my birthday in less than a month, 3 weeks from tomorrow actually. I'm planning on having a dinner party with my friends on the corner of our porch
Anyone have any ideas on how I should decorate? I was thinking of using a mix of my teacups for drinks. I think it'd be cool to decorate with my vintage stuff.
I'm turning 30 this year, I'm not sure how I really feel about that. I don't have a salaried/benefitted job. I'm working a little under 30 hours a week right now, and I figured out this morning, I have to keep working that much to stay ahead. According to some law that went into effect this year, hourly workers can't average more than 30 hours a week, or their company has to provide benefits for them, and since that isn't going to happen, I have to stay under 30. I LOVE my job, I really don't want to find a new one, but my health insurance keeps going up every year, and I can barely afford it this year. Plus, if my parents ever move out of the house above, I'll have to find a new place to live and pay rent. I'm working on not spending money on things I don't need, but it's hard.
I wish people would send me cool stuff for my birthday, but I probably won't get much. My mother says she'll resize a ring so I can wear it again. I know I won't get anything really cool. But, if people want to send me something, let me know. I would totally repay you on your birthday.
My ID expires this year, so I have to get a new one, which wouldn't be that bad, but I found they're instituting a new ID that's better for security purposes and in order to get it, you have to provide a goverment certified birth certificate. I only got the hospital one when I was born, so I had to ask for one, that cost a pretty penny.
I have so many worries bouncing around in my head lately, I really want a break from my life. Of course, after that break, I'd just be coming back to all my worries.

I didn't buy anything this weekend. Friday, there was an Art Walk downtown. Basically the stores are open late and they bring in local artists, and you can buy their artwork. I really wanted to buy something, unfortunately, I couldn't find anything I wanted. I really want to invest in more artwork.
There weren't very many garage sales this weekend, so I didn't go to any. Hey, I'm saving money already.

No comments: