Thursday, May 20, 2010

Some purchases

OK, these are a little out of order, as I still haven't figured out the order to upload them.
I've been pretty busy running around since Saturday. Saturday I went to 5 garage sales and found some pretty good deals, those pictures are further down. Sunday, my mother and I went to a scrapbooking store in a town about 30 min south of here, I will be posting those items on my Frog Palace blog. Monday, Kevin and I went back to Ankeny to go to a really good Chinese Buffet, then we traveled to a park/dam and really wished we didn't have to go to work that night. Tuesday I went to the Salvation Army where I was very disappointed in what they had. This is the 2nd time I've been to the store in their new location and I was disappointed the first time as well, I thought this time I might be surprised, not so much.
Then I wandered a little further on down the street to Target and picked up 5 shirts that were on sale. I've been on the lookout for t-shirts lately, as I found out we're not allowed to wear tank tops at the library, which is most of my summer wear. I also bought these cute sandals pictured below, we're not allowed to wear flip flops either, so I've been looking for some cute sandals, I saw these and decided to buy them. There's only one slight problem that I'll have to get used to.
Aren't they just cute on my feet?
My problem is that they have about 4 inch heel on them. I don't walk around on heels that much, but I decided they were really cute, and I asked a group of ladies what they thought, they agreed that they were cute, so I bought them. I do have a pretty long dress that I bought in Hawaii, that would look great with these, and I know Kevin will like them. I've been practicing walking around my apartment in them, and today, I'm planning to wear them to the store (I'll also bring along a pair of flip flops in case they prove to be too much for my feet), I think with practice I'll be OK. My mother never encouraged me to wear heels, I never played dress up in her high heels because she never wore any. It makes me wonder if she had encouraged me and I had been getting used to walking on them throughout the years if I could walk fine in them. Who knows?
So, I just succeeded in gathering my mail in my new sandals. I live on the 3rd floor of a Victorian house, so that's down and back up 2 flights of stairs, one being a curvy one and the other being kinda steep; out the back door, down 4 more steps, walk through my backyard, past the driveway and up to the front porch, up 4 more steps and back. It was a little slow, but I wasn't in a hurry, I may have to change my plans of wearing them to work tonight as it's a little chilly and it looks as if it might rain, and that will definitely spell disaster on my walk home.
Anyways, here are my purchases from Saturday, I don't know exactly what I'll do with a few but they were just too neat looking to pass up:
This is from the last sale I was at, it's a velvet painting. It's a painting on velvet. Unfortunately, it's got a couple spots where the paint came off, but it's still really gorgeous looking. I have it propped in my kitchen at the moment, as the hanger on the back needs to be replaced. It was $1.50.
This cute little tea cup I found at my second sale. It was only $3.00 with the plate. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but I've been reading Tales from an OC Cottage and she's showed some of her tea cups, and I think the idea of just having a cute one jumped out at me. I kinda wish I had a glass cabinet in my kitchen to put this in, I may have started a collection, uh oh, I sure don't need more of those.
These beads were found at the same sale as the tea cup, I don't know what I'm going to do with them either, but I'm sure I can come up with something. These were 10 cents.
These, I'm not exactly sure what they are, but you shake them and they make some kind of musical noise. I honestly didn't know they were in the box. I just bought it because the box was cute. GIVEAWAY ALERT: I might put these in the giveaway, it depends on what kind of box I decide to use, because they're kinda heavy.
And here's a picture of the cute box. It was only $1.50
On Saturday, I spent a grand total of $6.35, that is $3.00 for the tea cup, $.10 for the beads, $1.50 for the painting, $1.50 for the box and $.25 for a vase that's not exciting, but I decided I needed another small one.
I did end up spening about $70.00 at Target the other day. The shoes were $25.00 and the shirts ranged from $4.00 to $11.00, and they were all on some kind of sale, I'm glad I didn't buy them when they weren't. I also bought a $5.00 movie I've been looking for for awhile.
I know I shouldn't be spending $$, but I needed t-shirts, I believe the sandals were a good investment, you can't pass up a good deal at a garage sale (even if you don't know what you're going to do with an item), and a $5.00 movie once in a while isn't bad.

4 comments:

Wanda said...

You did pretty good shopping. Those shoes are cute and you will get used to walking in them. You should've taken pictures of the shirts. I picked up a $5 movie at Target the other day myself. Which one did you get??

WW said...

I did finally take pics of the shirts, they're in the next post.
Universal Soldier.

Carrie M said...

They look like Baoding Balls http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baoding_Balls

*Goddess* said...

I don't know about Baoding Balls. They look more like a set of Ben Wa balls. You might want to look that one up:)