Sunday, August 30, 2009

Why bother?

My parents are giant hypocrites. They always say that I shouldn't take more than a 5 minute shower because it wastes water. This morning I was about to go down to do my laundry (I use their laundry room because I live on the 3rd floor of their house), the shower is in the laundry room, I'm about to go downstairs and I hear the water running. I wait about 5 minutes (one song on Windows Media Player) and go back and still hear the water running, I went back after another song, and the water shuts off. I decide to give them a little more time to get dressed, the next time I go back I hear the water running again. I know I'm going to have to wait another 10 minutes for the 2nd shower. At least when Kevin and I have to both take a shower, we take it together and save water. What's so wrong with that? It's not like they don't have enough room, their shower is at least twice as big as mine if not more. A couple weeks ago, I went down to do my laundry and my dad was in the shower, mom said go ahead and put your clothes in the washer, now I know there's a door on the shower but I still don't want to worry about looking at anything. And last week when I went down, Ross was in the shower and mom wanted to know what I was waiting for, as if she was in some kind of hurry.
I don't know why she would care how long it would take me, it's not like she was going to use the washer. Though they have done that before, they say I need to ask them 8 hours ahead, I always do, but sometimes I'll come down and they have laundry in the washer, or like last week, in the dryer. What's the point of me asking, if you're just gonna do your laundry anyway?

I just went down to put my laundry in and the dryer was running and there was a load of wet laundry in the washer. I gave them all day yesterday to do their laundry and the decided they needed to do some this morning. I highly doubt anything became that dirty during the night, but if it did, they're always up earlier than me, what stopped them from doing it earlier? It's so annoying that I follow their rules but they can just fuck me over when they want to do something. Maybe their point is to annoy me enough to move out, push me to get a full time job, as if I'm not looking anyway. Somedays I just want to.........something I'm not going to say on here, because someone will take it seriously.

No comments: