Wednesday, August 05, 2009

There goes my hero, watch him as he goes

Some people will do anything to get out of things.
I recently learned a friend of mine had to retire early from the police department because some woman hit him while he was directing traffic during RAGBRAI last year. She's claiming post traumatic stress disorder from an incident with the police here in 2006. I think that's a load of crap.
I'm very bummed that my friend had to retire, he's one of the ones that loved his job and would have worked it until forced retirement. And, unfortunately, now he has been, but way too early in his career.

"I truly love my job, and so it's very hard to just come to this realization that I can't do this anymore," Schultz said. "It wasn't something where I was going to a call that I know there might be a rist of injury. This never should have had to happend."

Officer hit by car during RAGBRAI retires
Ames Officer talks about RAGBRAI crash
Taylor breaks down; judge declares mistrial
Norma Taylor judged incompetent to stand trial

Any police officers read this have any comments?

No comments: