Saturday, March 06, 2021

Spring

It's been a long week and I feel I've hit a wall in my limit of dealing with people.
March 1: Got a sticky swap in the mail:
Except we were supposed to send 5 DIFFERENT items. So, I messaged the hostess.
I put together a green swap:
A spring swap:
A sticker swap:
And made a spring pocket letter:
And basically wasted the day on the couch watching YouTube.
 March 2: Blogger rearranged my photos again. I received a unicorn tag in the mail:
Cute handmade card.
A surprise:
The card is the only cool thing.
A SMS yellow and gnome:
Lots of cute things there.
And a pocket letter, here are the goodies:
And the pocket letter:
I made a fairy pocket letter:
Put together a spring happy mail:
Made a St Patrick's Day pocket letter.
I got a new person at the post office when mailing this and they decided it was a large envelope, that pissed me off, I made it wicked thin and basically put stickers in it, it wasn't a large envelope. I'll fight it if it happens again. 
And put together a green happy mail tag:
I haven't participated in happy mail tags in this group much because you have to send specific items, but green is my favorite color, so I had to participate. Same reason I'm doing the green swap. I'm kinda on the fence about swaps in this group. 
March 3: I totally hit my limit at work, people just kept demanding things be available pretty much right after they requested them. I had one person tell me her daughter needed the item that day for school, only to find out the next day they didn't pick it up, after we made a special trip to get it for them.
I received my February Secret Sister swap:

It's great, except they mailed it 4 Days after they were supposed to. I looked up tracking to see where it came from, and it was mailed on 2/27 instead of 2/23. I'm getting tired of following directions only to get shafted on the swaps coming to me.
I also got the missing embellishments from the Countdown to Valentine's Day swap:
And she only sent 6. The note said she accidentally left them out, as if I was missing 7 items, no she just chose to not send them (not following directions) and hope it was good, to two partners. It took 3 weeks to get these to me, you'd think she could send the right amount, or have something wonderful.
I ended up splurging a bit at the grocery store and that felt nice.
March 4: I really didn't want to go to work. I wish I was on my old schedule, I would have been done after Wednesday. 
I got a SMS yellow in the mail:
A new sticker book:
And a wish for happy mail, something yellow and something octopus.
I'm fairly certain she thought the jellyfish was an octopus as well, but I still love it.
And a postage due slip, that didn't say where it came from. If there's not a return address, I usually pay and just eat the postage.
I made a pocket letter:
I went with a spring theme and used a bunch of items I had gotten in the mail recently.
March 5: I went to the post office to take care of mailing a few things and deal with the postage due. Turns out it was for the replacement items for the sticky swap. She didn't put her return address, but I showed a copy of the receipt with the exact amount paid and the exact weight. The postal person said the odds of something else showing up with those was very small, so they put the return address on and we sent it back. I'm fairly certain the person sending to me knew it would be postage due, so they didn't put a return address on it. She is supposed to send again today. This is why I'm so annoyed with the world, I'm in the mail groups for stress release, but when they are the ones that are creating the stress.
And then I went shopping. First stop was Target:
It was pretty disappointing, I needed the toothbrush heads. I picked up a couple other things that I put in my Easter basket. I'm not sure how much Stitch was supposed to be, my receipt lists it as Star Wars at $6.99, I wouldn't have picked it up if it was $7. 
Next was Walmart:
I wasn't going to go to Walmart, but after my disappointing Target stop. Also picked up a few more things not pictured for my Easter basket. I think I'll include the bunny pom poms in happy mail. I really like this movie, it was in the $5 bin. Also, bite size Bueno, and some squishy animals.
Last stop was Dollar Tree:
I wanted to find some of the cute stickers and washi I'd seen on other people's hauls, but the store was very bare, maybe Friday isn't the best time to go. I needed the razors, toothpaste, pads, envelopes, bags. I picked up the bunny craft kit for a bunny swap (that I'm not sure I'll do). I was excited to find the shell 'eggs', bunny erasers, bunny stickers and the stationery set.
All the snacks. It was lunchtime, I wanted food. Normally, I stop at a fast food place, but I walk and all the fast food places are only open for drive thru right now.
And I found another postage due slip in my mailbox. I was in a good mood from the walking and buying stuff, and then that. I also found a RAK:
She said I could write her since I'm just kinda done right now.
My friend made me a donut the other day, I added googly eyes:
Totally makes my day.

No comments: