Thursday, February 06, 2020

Dog reading a book

Friday: Spent the day reading a book. Found my Valentine's Day swap in the mail:
 Not too excited about it. It's a cookie stamper, a lip mask, some Ghiradelli chocolate, heart stickers and Valentine's straws. I ate the chocolate, passed the lip mask on to a friend and put the straws in a tag. This one was a resend, I got a postage due on a different one the Saturday before and my partner was told to get a new one in the mail in 24hours. It makes me wonder what was in the other swap.
I put together a Hello Kitty tag:
 A heart shaped tag:
 Some handmade stuff for a loaded pocket:
 And a snail tag:
 My eyes were really bothered with the reading and then I started feeling the pressure on my nose again, so I decided to go back to the eye place on Saturday and talk to them about it.
Saturday: First day of my Countdown to Valentine's Day:
 an interesting selection of stuff, some stickers, sticky notes, and papers.
I headed out to the eye place about 9AM as I had to work that afternoon. They made an appointment for Tuesday to have the dr re-check my eyes and gave me different nose pads to help with me pushing my glasses up my face.
Found this:
 I'm trying to figure out how it's gluten free, does it suck out the gluten while it's toasting?
Also found some cool fairy things:
 I'd have loved to buy this guy, I just don't have any room for it.
 What I did purchase:
 12x12 paper pad, sticker book, Valentine's 6x6 paper pad, mermaid paper kit, sloth Valentine's stickers.
The Paper Studio stuff was 50% off, but I got really excited when I saw they were starting their clearance stuff. This may have been the first time I've bought paper in about a year or so. There were so many cute designs on this paper pad, I totally picked it up.  I certainly don't need more stickers, but these were too cute. I don't really have any Valentine's Day paper, finished my last paper pad last year. I might've just picked up this paper pack because it was Authentique and I never see that go on sale, plus it was vintage looking mermaids.
 snail picks, humminbird, resin sloths, heart picks, Valentine's kit, mermaid, cards.
I was thinking about the snail tag I was mailing out soon, and these guys were too cute. I was planning to keep them, but I still love them. The hummingbird was 30 cents, I couldn't pass it up. I was pleased to see these Valentine sloths were still there now that Valentine's is 40% off. In one of my Valentine swaps I got this felt bear and it looks like it was made from this pack. It was my favorite part of the swap. I thought it would be fun to alter the heart picks for friends for Valentine's Day. I love these cards, I keep picking up these card bases. Also, who wouldn't love this mermaid plant holder? I spent about $45.
I created this card for a card sketch:
The heart paper is from that Valentine's day pad I just bought.
I headed in to work about 1, and we were pretty busy. Finally a Saturday that was so busy I didn't have any time to think about stuff. The day went pretty fast as well. I had a wicked headache at the end due to the new glasses and nothing being in focus.
 Found a pocket letter in the mailbox when I got home:
 Sunday: Day 2 of the countdown:
 I have a feeling I'll be passing this on for a tag.
Got my laundry done and went in to work. My eyes and head were throbbing at the end of the day. Nothing seems to be in focus, it's very annoying. It felt like I was either really tired or slightly drunk. I felt that off.
Monday: Day 3
 a bunch of tags.
I changed my schedule so people could go caucus and ended up working in the afternoon. I was so upset with my eyes bothering me and just being in a bad mood that I opened all the packages in my Countdown to Valentine's day.
Put together a Valentine's Happy mail tag:
 Everything is from tags or swaps I've received.
The mail was rather late and not in my mailbox when I headed in to work about 3. I spent a big chunk of my time processing incoming interlibrary loans. They did not bother my eyes that much. It seems when there's more to focus on my eyes are worse.
Found a wish of a Valentine surprise in my mailbox when I got home:
 I was hoping they would label it Valentine surprise so I could open it on Valentine's day.
A pen pack:
 I like these pens except that they are ball point, the colors are really nice.
A wish of something minion:
 I have been proved wrong, you can go wrong with minions. When you buy me the cheapest possible stickers. I guarantee these came from the Dollar Tree, when I went to put them away, I realized I already had 2 other packs.
A pocket letter:
 This was bursting with goodies.
Tuesday: Day 4
 ribbon, mini notepads, washi samples
I headed out to my eye appointment. The dr, had me keep the new glasses on, had me read some lines and then did something with a light and then told me we should just go back to my old prescription. I was pissed. I went through about a week of hell with people telling me I just needed to get used to the new glasses only to be told to just go back to the old prescription. He didn't even do an exam, I expected him to do a whole new exam and give me a different prescription. I wasted about $150 on a new pair of glasses just for you to tell me not to use them. I just walked out the door I was so annoyed and then went to Dollar Tree.
I found a phone on my way there, and dropped it off at the police station on my way home.
Dollar Tree:
 wood stickers, stuffed monkey, a couple Barbie blind bags, some heart scatter, Peanuts bandages.
 sink drainers, sticky notes, a card, some Lifesavers gummies, chapstick, a pen, a pencil sharpener and a cute bag.
I only needed one thing, but since I was so annoyed, I bought some fun things for myself. Bought a few things to make myself a Valentine goodie bag.
I called the eye place when I got home asking if they had checked to see if the prescription was correct, I realized they never did that. They said it was and then I asked if I could just cancel the order on the glasses because I didn't need a new pair that was basically my same prescription. I only went because I figured it was time for a check-up. They called me back later saying the dr had tweaked my old prescription (because it was old and you can't fill an old prescription) and that they would still send the glasses out even though I told them not to. When I was telling people about this at work, it really annoyed me because last week, they agreed that I needed to get used to them, this time they do a complete 180 and say that I was right and it doesn't take that long to get used to glasses.
Found a pack of pens:
 I wore my old glasses all day and didn't have any problems. I kept mentioning to people that everything was in focus and I didn't have any headaches or issues with my eyes.
Wednesday: Day 5
 cute handmade rosettes.
I was so ready to be done with my week. After working 5 days straight with 3 of those having issues with my glasses/eyes I was done working. I had a basketball game to work that night and enjoyed the walk home.
I found a sms fun but not childish tag when I got home:
It's cute.
Thursday: slept in, it felt nice, granted I only had to get up early on Wednesday, but like I said, I was just so frustrated with the world. I can't focus on people and things today. Day 6:
 More handmade stuff and some embellishments.
Mostly just slacked off and watched YouTube all day.
Found a loaded pocket:
 With all these nice handmade items inside:
 A hearts tag:
 I really wanted something better
And a destash tag:
I want something that makes me really excited to get my mail. I'm just upset with the world and I need a break from it. I feel I really can't get away from it.

No comments: