Monday, February 24, 2020

Bone paperclips

Thursday: I had plans to hang out with a friend for the afternoon. I made some pom pom friends:
 And the fun Valentine's Day gift my friend gave me:
 a bucket full of candy.
We went to a Greek/Italian place for lunch. My friend is vegetarian and this place was very meaty, I said we could go somewhere else, but she said she'd order a veggie pizza. I ordered chicken stuffed with spinach, not sure what it was called. I picked the place because I googled interesting food, and this popped up. It wasn't anything different or interesting. I want some interesting food, I keep watching these channels on Youtube where they're eating Asian or Egyptian or something else. My town is boring for different food.
Our first stop was Goodwill. I didn't find anything I wanted until we were about to leave and my friend pointed out the free stuffed animals box. I found this cute guy:
It's a Kermit Tsum Tsum. I love Kermit.
Next up was Dollar Tree, it's right next door and I had just run out of cereal that morning.
 cereal, sticky notes, chocolate, Oscar the Grouch.
I learned the next few days I shouldn't buy the off-brand cereals, they were not worth the $1 I paid, or the 20 cents per box (maybe the 20 cents). I thought the sticky notes were just way too cute. Oscar is one of my favorite characters.
 excavation kit, stickers, box, die cuts, pen.
I picked up the excavation kit for a friend, she likes gems and these are kinda fun. I've been looking for the snail stickers for awhile, when I saw there were birds in the same kind of make, I had to pick them up, and I can't pass up sloth stickers. I picked up two of the boxes, my craft groups have been using them to make embellishment boxes, I've wanted to participate, but I can never find them. I had found the blue butterfly die cuts in my local store, so I totally picked up these two colors as well. I love these multi color pens. I spent about $14.
Next stop was a big thrift store, I found the cutest bag:
My friend said I should take him to work, sadly there's only one pocket because it's a kid's backpack. I also picked up a gemstone "L" and some cute strawberry pens. Total spent $8.
Next up was Tuesday Morning, by that time, I was tired, it was almost 6pm and I was kinda shopped out. I had done my shopping down south on Sunday, went shopping on Wednesday and again on Thursday. I didn't even go through all the stuff in the crafting aisle:
 decorative tickets, ephemera pack, word stickers, library card pockets, Halloween stickers, Project Life cards.
The tickets are some kind of purple decorative, I picked up the ephemera pack because it had butterflies and teacups. I was totally thinking about buying a brad/embellishment pack with the same designs. I love word stickers, totally had to pick up this fall package. Also, love some library card pockets. I picked up the Halloween stickers because of the vintage ladies. I picked up the Project Life cards because of the baking theme, I wasn't paying attention and didn't notice they were all 4x6 until I got home. They're still cute, just bigger than I expected. Total spent $16.
Next up, we went to Pier 1 because it was right across the street. I didn't find anything I wanted to buy there, I find their prices rather high for what they're selling.
 I did find this cool Ginkgo sculpture, it was $60.
Last stop was Michael's, pretty much right next to Pier 1.
 stickers, treat bags, caterpillar, pony picks, squishie animals, candles, fabric tape, bunny rings, Easter picks.
I had a lot of sticker shock here. It's been a bit over a year since I was at a Micheal's, and I feel the prices weren't as high. I saw Sticko sheets that are 97 cents at Walmart, they were over $2 here. Outrageous. I thought I could make a cute pocket letter with the stickers. I just liked the treat bags, plus they were 70% off. I picked up the caterpillar and the candles just for me. The candles were marked down and I thought it'd be nice to have them on my birthday cake. I also thought it'd be fun to put together Easter packages with the squishies, the rings and maybe the treat bags. Total spent $18.
It was a fun day, just tiring.
I found 2 things in my mailbox when I got home.
A wish granted for tea:
 These two were from the same person, sticky notes:
 and 50 loose stickers:
 Lots of fun stuff in that envelope.
Friday: the prediction was that it was supposed to be in the 40's with a wind chill of 5. I decided it sounded like a great day to stay home and read, so I did.
I did receive a Send Me Something yummy:
 Unfortunately loose items don't count, so I get a re send for this.
A favorites tag of sticker flakes:
 these are rather cool.
And a private swap of a Valentine's Day pocket letter:
 And the goodies she sent along with it.
 Saturday: I had to open at the library, it was slowish. I was planning on going to an estate sale on my way home, but stopped at the grocery store for some milk and gave in and bought a couple of bottles of pop as well. I headed home to drop off my stuff and then saw my mail and thought that would be more interesting than that the estate sale.
A Send Me Something: lovely tag
 This was a re send as well, because the first time, the person sent me loose papers. I find them cute, not lovely.
Also, a Valentine's Pocket letter:
 The back:
 The goodies:
 And she created 9 ATCs as well.
 So, I technically got 3 pocket letters. I like her style.
I finished The Iron Curtain that afternoon.
Sunday: I got my laundry done before work, had to leave at about 11:50 to catch the bus in. It was a pink game, I don't have any pink shirts, but I did wear my pink socks:
 That have dinosaurs in roller skates on, they are knee socks that actually make it up to my knees. These seem to be really hard to find.
The game should have been non stressful as it was a women's game. It was stressful. There was a promotion to go along with a cheer camp, so tons of little people and babies and people annoyed about not being able to bring bags in because they didn't know, it's a brand new bag, they've never been here before. I'm so tired of excuses, how about you just look at what's prohibited and what's allowed when you buy your tickets, you'll save everyone a lot of grief (yourself included).
I had a nice walk home in almost 60 degree weather. Sadly, I was still in a bad mood when I got home. I put together some tags, a 50 loose stickers:
 A Send Me Something cuddly:
 An ATC:
 A wish granted of someone who likes pagan stuff:
 A wish of something elephant.
I realized after putting together the wishes for this one group, I hadn't participated in tags for about a week. I'm waiting on people to send stuff out that was due a week ago. It's frustrating that people can't send on time. We get two weeks to send things out. I understand having a life, but if you can't fulfill obligations, don't sign up.
 After cooling off from my walk, I was wicked cold, so I took a nice long, hot shower. And ended the day watching TV.
Monday: I opened at the library, it was stressful. After all the stress I shouldn't have had to worry about on Sunday, having another day of stress that shouldn't be stressful put me over the edge. I bought some alcohol on the way home:
 I never drink. The last time I had anything to drink was New Year's Eve, I'm fairly certain in the 2 or so years I've lived here, I haven't had any alcohol in the place. No real reason, I'd rather spend my money on ice cream or chocolate or Mountain Dew. I spent my money on alcohol and Mountain Dew, I looked at the ice cream, but there was nothing I wanted and ever since my grocery store remodeled I find it hard to find good chocolate there or baked goods, and even less selection in the frozen food.
I found a cactus tag when I got home:
 I don't want to use the stickers, I love the key chain.
A private swap for a Valentine's Day pocket letter:
 And the goodies:
I thought it was rather cute, and lots of nice goodies.
 A die cuts tag:
 Not too impressed about these. When I sign up for these tags, I want the ones from die cutting machines and dies, not store bought.
A mystery tag:
 it's a planner sticker book. I'm thinking this might the first and last time I do this tag.
A pastel happy mail tag:
 I wish there was more variety.
A dollar store tag:
Not sure I'll be doing this one anymore.
I'm not sure what helped the most, the alcohol, or doing my mail journal which calms me down. I spent more time on it because I got 6 things in the mail, and then I went and watched TV, which is also calming.
I'm still waiting on my Once Upon A Bookclub box to ship. Got a shipping email last Wednesday, it was actually just that they printed the mailing label, I keep checking but it's still in pre-shipment, meaning they printed the label but haven't delivered it to the post office yet. I'm fairly certain I'll not be renewing this one either. Their original email said wait 48 hours for it to update, as if the postal system would take the 48 hours. I've been doing a lot of mailing on stuff people, it's called you need to deliver it to them. Last month they said the postal system picks them up and they don't do it on weekends, so if I take that into account, it could have been picked up Wed, Thurs, or Friday. I hate this system, I know it's better for businesses, but when you print the label is not when it's shipped. I will make sure I cancel with enough time so I don't get billed for 3 more months. Again, I was so excited for this box. I thought it would take me out of my comfort zone of what I read, plus you'd get some fun gifts as well. I think I should just give up on subscription boxes. Maybe I should focus on food ones instead. I'm always looking for new and different food.

No comments: