Saturday, November 18, 2017

Weekly update 11/18/17

When I do these at the end of the week, I look back at my pictures to see what I did all week. My life is not exciting, which is why I don't do the November or December daily thing. So, what happened this week?
Sunday: I finished my Christmas Envelopes swap:
 Basically, it's an advent calendar. We created 24 envelopes and put goodies in them for our partner.
I also finished my December calendar tag:
Very simple, but cute.
Monday: I finished my Advent calendar pocket letter:
 We created 3 pocket letters for our partner and filled up 25 pockets of goodies. The two advent calendar swaps were my biggest swap and I was so proud of getting them done.
I also finished a card kit:
 One of my groups sends us pieces for a card, asks us to use at least three items to make a card.
I went to work, which was kinda weird after having the last 3 Mondays off.
Tuesday: The only pictures I have are the back of that advent calendar pocket letter. I realized I forgot to take a picture of the backs and that I hadn't covered up some of the goodies, so that package looked so great when I sent it out.
Wednesday: I opened at the library, mailed my swaps and went grocery shopping. I love how the sky looked when I was going home:
 I got a destash swap in the mail:
 It was called a Gingerbread brown bag destash. Basically we decorated a brown bag like a gingerbread house and stuffed it full of goodies. My partner spoiled me.
Thursday: I got a pocketful of sunshine swap in the mail:
 We had to send our partner at least 10 things that would make them happy.
Friday: I went to probably the last garage sale of the season. I saw this cool car while I was out:
 Here's what I picked up:
 stocking, snowflake ornament, holiday pins, pretzels.  Basically, I thought if I did another swap, these were a few things I'd include. I think I'll give the snowflake ornament to my brother's girlfriend.
I also decided to go Christmas shopping, I was going to go on Tuesday, but I just didn't feel like it on Tuesday.
My first stop was Dollar Tree:
 pretzels, shower loofahs, duct tape, storage container, cookies, butterfingers.
I just picked up a bag of these pretzels at Hollar (I caved and put in two orders this week, wait for those), so I don't really know why I bought these. I'm trying to replace my loofah every month, and if I have to do that, I'm not spending more than $1 on them. I've noticed these little guys hold up better than the regular loofahs, so I've now bought every single one that they've had. I always need duct tape, I was going to look in the clearance section at Walmart, but I didn't make it there. My current laundry basket is a bigger size of one of these, but the shape is not holding up very well, so I thought I'd see if I could find another one. Everyone's been hauling these cookies, I picked up both kinds last time, I thought these orange and chocolate ones were kind of like Jaffa cakes that I used to get at the British foods store, so I picked up a package for a friend. I picked up the Butterfingers because I'd never seen the crisp in tiny size and I'd never seen them at the Dollar Tree.
 gift bags, keychains, bath bombs.
One of the swaps I signed up for is another file folder pocket letter, when I did, my vision was to have a large Santa on the front of the file folder, only I didn't have one. I didn't find anything that fit my vision at Hobby Lobby, and while I was wandering around Dollar Tree, I saw this gift bag and thought it would work (it fits, and looks great). On the inside of those, they usually have a glassine bag, I thought one of these bags would be more fun. I forgot I picked up the tassel keychains until I was checking out, I got them because I got sucked into the peer pressure of people hauling them. I also did that with the bath bombs. I don't really have friends I could give these to, but I'm sure I'll figure out something.
 When I saw people hauling these, I told myself I was allowed to pick them up if I found them. They are the only stickers I bought. I kinda wanna put them in my friends' mailboxes at work.
Next up was Target, which I have skipped the last two times I went shopping down south.
Because everyone's so obsessed with this image, I took a picture to show the world:
 It's a wooden ornament, I believe it was $3, it's in their Christmas section with the ornaments. I think it's a cute image, but it doesn't do much for me.
I also saw these:
 Which I love and am considering asking for for Christmas. I didn't look to see what it includes, but wouldn't it be fun?
Here's what I picked up:
 chocolate and food.
The Dove was on sale 2 for $7, my original thought was to take them to Thanksgiving, but I don't know if I really want to part with them. I picked up the chocolate 'trees' ($1 each) for stocking stuffers. I picked up the Hickory Farms ($9.99) for my dad, I did that one year and he seemed to like it.
socks, unicorns, stickers.
I have a swap where I have to stuff a pair of socks with goodies, I picked these up cause they were $3. I couldn't pass up the unicorn at the top, it was in Bullseye's playground for $3, it went in my Advent calendar. As did this pegacorn ornament, it was in the Christmas section for $4. These stickers were something I also gave myself permission to buy if I found them, they were $1.
I stopped off at Burger King on the way home for lunch. I feel I've been eating frozen dinners for the past month and then some, so I splurged for lunch.
I also put together my sock swap:
Basically, we filled the socks with goodies spending no more than $10, including the price of the socks. I'm worried my partner will buy some really nice socks and put like nothing in them. I stuffed mine with some chocolate, hot chocolate, nail file, washi, sticky notes, pens, a tube of glitter and a bath bomb.
I also got a pocket letter in the mail:
Saturday: I worked.

No comments: