Saturday, August 05, 2017

Week of July 30th

Can you believe it's almost August? Which also means it's been a year since I moved into my new place.
Sunday: Mostly lounged around. Got a few movies watched, finished a couple art projects.
Summer flip book:
 An under the sea flip book:
 Monday: I got up and looked at my bank account, bad idea. Apparently I got a lot of bills at the end of July. So, I went to Hobby Lobby for one last shopping trip before I try a no spend. They were having their Paper Studio and Stampabilities 50% off sale, I found a couple new paper pads that I didn't buy:
 Love the greenery and the flamingoes in this one.
Also:
 I like the cut aparts and the feathers in this one, but I wasn't going to buy it for two papers. I was kinda hoping they'd have a single sheet of the feathers.
I also found this really cute fairy house:
 I was looking for fairy things for an upcoming swap, but apparently fairy ephemera does not exist.
Here's what I picked up:
 paper. I saw both the paper pads on people's hauls and was very excited that they came in. Fruit Tart paper pad, I'm in love with this one, though I'm not sure how I'll use it. Last year DCWV had a similar paper pad with a citrus theme. A Pink Passport paper pad, loving this one as well, there's a few designs that I'm not really interested in. I'm thinking of making a pocket letter with the girl on the first page. I also picked up some single papers. The cameras, umbrellas and animals are all 12x12. The botanicals, cacti and tickets are 8.5x11. All the paper is computer weight paper. I keep collecting succulent and cacti stuff, I really need to do something with it.
Stickers:
 I love the butterflies, they are so dainty. The Paris ones I picked up to go with the paper pad. The two clearance ones I really wanted a few weeks ago when I was there and they didn't have the new paper pads, but I was so annoyed I didn't buy anything then. The Halloween jars are just cute. Again, cacti, I have a tendency to pick apart the layered ones, with this set, I have two sets of each cacts, plus 9 extra flowerpots. I also wanted the jars from a few weeks ago. I was hoping there was more fall stuff I was interested in.
I didn't find any fairy stuff and since I saw a Dollar Tree haul from someone that had found some fairy stuff, I wandered over there.
I saw this cute box:
 and then talked myself in to buying it:
Fairy stickers, these are huge and would fill up one pocket each. Birthday bash gift bag, I picked it up because it looks like a boom box. The composition notebook says smile with a camera on it, I couldn't pass it up. The box. I picked up the art stickers because I loved them. The sticker kits are something I've never seen before, very cute and I couldn't pass up the owl keychain.
Work was uneventful, but I did get a couple things in the mail
Patriotic pocket letter:
 And a thank you card:
 Tuesday: I watched movies/youtube all morning. I finally made it to crafting in the afternoon and made a few things.
Pocket letter:
 Altered index card:
A fruity pocket letter:
 Wednesday: I opened at the library, mailed my swaps, and stopped in at the grocery store.
I also made my altered index card for the day:
 I also finished a back to school pocket letter:
 My computer gave me this cute caterpillar as the screen saver:
 Thursday: I made my index card:
 Got a fairy pocket letter in the mail:
 And closed at the library.
Friday: I went garage saleing, I found this cute little decoration in someone's yard:
 and didn't find anything to buy. I did try out my new shoes, which was a bad idea when I walked 3.78 miles, and had two pretty big blisters when I got home and of course I had to work that afternoon, and almost all my shoes would aggravate them.
I did get a pen swap in the mail:
 And found another sale to stop off after work, a church that's almost right across the street from the library was having their annual sale. I was excited to see they changed their hours on Friday to close at 7, so I could go after work.
 all three bags were $0.75 cents, I basically bought them for the cat bag, I thought it would be fun to send in a swap. I also like the sunset one at the top and I thought I could alter the canvas one at the bottom. I picked up three containers of beads for a quarter each. There's also a fairy necklace and stick pin in the picture. The necklace was $1, and they threw in the pin for free.
 I've been looking for fairy ephemera, and I guess it's not really a thing right now, I did find this great picture frame for 50 cents. The stickers were together and were a quarter.
 I think I felt a bit bad because of my blisters and because I didn't find anything at the sales this morning. The guinea pig, frog and jack o lantern were 50 cents each. The orange emoji was free and the shopkins was a quarter. I spent a grand total of five dollars.
I want to go out in the morning to a couple more sales, but if it's chilly like it was this morning, it won't happen. My boots work ok with not bothering my blisters, but I believe my flip flops are the only footwear that won't bother them at all.
I also created my index card for the day:
Saturday: I went to another garage sale. I just put some bandaids on with my flip flops and went along my way.
Picked up a few toys:
 got all that for a buck.
I saw this sweet Mustang on my way home:
 Found a few swaps in my mailbox,
Flower washi:
 summer flip book:
 alpha stickers:
and went to work.
I went out to eat with my mother at a new Italian place, which was right next to the Dollar Tree, I needed a new loofah, some Cherry Coke for work (because people and things), and bandaids. While I was there I wanted to see if they had any fairy stickers (still looking for those), they didn't. I noticed Halloween appeared though, so I picked up a few items:
 I haven't seen these stickers before.
Here are the boring things:
 and a few felt stickers. I certainly don't need more notebooks but I couldn't pass up the hydrangeas, plus it had 3 notebooks in the pack. I chose a fun loofah this time because the last two I bought came apart really easily, and I don't want to stop buying them at the Dollar Tree. You're supposed to replace them every month, so I can't really justify spending more than a dollar on them. I picked up some bigger bandaids and pretty color ones.
Here's the individual notebooks:
They are way too pretty. I decided to use the lilac one for my Screw It and Do It challenge, here's what I made:
 I also got some interesting mail, alpha stickers:
 and some flower washi:

No comments: