Sunday, November 04, 2012

odds and ends

So much has been happening since I last posted. Let's start with a picture:
I signed up for the Fall Favorites Swap on Nicole's blog, the above is what I sent my partner. There's a sparkly brown leaf, a teddy bear magnet, a wallhanging of pumpkings and acorns, a teddy bear wearing a pumpking shirt, glow in the dark skeleton socks, pumpkin spice Hershey's kisses, an owl on a jack-o-lantern figuring and a couple maple leaf pins. My favorites being changing leaves, Halloween costumes, pumpkins, owls (I know these are all year, but in decorating they come out more in fall), and pumpkin pie (also a Thanksgiving thing, but after Halloween, these Hershey's kisses aren't around anymore).
I mailed this out early October, her first package to me got lost in the mail and I'm still waiting on the second one.

The big thing I've been worrying about lately is the upcoming move at the library. We have our location pinned down, we'll be getting the whole collection in the space and most everything we feel we'll need. Our maintenance person already has people over there getting it ready for us to move in. We're working on getting all the stuff we don't need for two years moved out and into storage. We stopped taking requests on items to focus all our energies on the move. We will start moving on the 16th. Now that it's November, I realize how close it is. I'm trying not to think about it when I'm at home, because it seems we still have SOO much to do before then, but it's still kinda freaking me out.

I stopped going to garage sales, I haven't even looked at the ads since probably early October. I just don't feel like spending my money right now, and I have more than enough stuff in my apartment. I actuallly realized how little money I have in my bank account at the beginning of the month, so I really don't want to spend money. I will have to go to the grocery store soon for food.
I joined a Christmas ornament swap on the Button Floozies blog. I'm almost done with my ornaments, I love them. I will post them on my craft blog once I know my partners have received them. We were supposed to make 5, 4 to send out and one to keep, but I had enough material to make 6, so I have an extra I'm not sure what I'm going to do with.

No comments: