Sunday, December 04, 2011

Week Five

Chocolate Mint Creams
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
6 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon water
1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
1 egg, lightly beaten
Pastel cream mint kisses

1. In a small bowl stir together flour and baking soda; set aside. In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, and water. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted. Add chocolate; cook and stir until chocolate is melted. Pour mixture into a large bowl; cool for 10 minutes.

2. Using a wooden spoon, stir the egg into chocolate mixture. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours or until dough is easy to handle.

3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Immediately place a mint kiss on top of each cookie. Bake about 2 minutes more or until edges are set.

5. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool until melted mints are firm. Makes about 48 cookies.


I ended up using Hershey's Candy Cane kisses, I also didn't chill my dough, I felt it was easy to handle after mixing everything up.

Next week will be my last week, as I was making these to share with my aunt who I will be seeing on the 17th, and to share with my coworkers at the library, I decided to take them to a holiday party that will be happening on the 13th.

1 comment:

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

Thanks for posting the yummy looking recipes!! I am finally getting ready to bake and have been looking for something new to try!!