Monday, March 29, 2010

Pizza Dip

Saturday, I went to a Trivia Night with my dad's side of the family and my dad said to bring along snacks to share. I've been toying with the idea of trying this recipe I found in a December 2009 issue of Family Circle, so I decided it was the perfect time to try it.
It has pepperoni, olives, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and mayonnaise. Basically, all I had to do was mix it up and throw it in the oven. Here's what it looked like before I baked it:
And here is the picture of it on the table ready to be eaten. Sorry about the poor quality, but my aunt was itching to try it out, as she had smelled it the whole 20 minute drive to the trivia place.
Everyone said it was really good and I had to post the recipe on Facebook. It makes me want to make more recipes.
Anyways, here it is for you all to try:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup light mayo
1 cup moz cheese
8 oz sliced pepperoni, chopped
10 large black olives, chopped
2 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
4 crusty Italian loaves cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients except bread in a medium bowl. Spoon into a 6-cup baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly brown and bubbly.
Serve with bread for dipping.
Now, I didn't use light mayo, put in more than 1 cup of moz cheese, only used about 4 oz of pepperoni and got sick of chopping so I ripped them up, I used a 2.25 oz can of sliced olives, and I picked up 2 small tomatoes at the grocery store. I also think I could have baked it a little longer, I just mis judged the time it would take to bake and what time we had to be out the door.
If you try it, let me know what you think.

No comments: