Friday, August 24, 2007

I can feel that muddy water

How upsetting is this?

Dear Jane Subscriber:
With regret, we have decided that we will no longer be publishing Jane.
In its place, we will be sending you Glamour for the duration of your remaining Jane subscription term.
We think you’ll love Glamour. Like Jane, it’s packed with everything smart, sexy women want to know – about your body, your beauty, your relationships…and more!
If for any reason you choose not to receive Glamour, please contact us at (800) 219-5924 for a full refund of the remaining issues still due on your subscription. If you are already a Glamour subscriber, the copies due will be added to your current subscription.
Sincerely,
Charles Simpson for Jane

I received it in my snail mail box yesterday, and I'm a bit annoyed, especially since you’d think one would get a letter/postcard from the editor of Jane rather than some random person. In Jane they like to pretend we’re all family (readers and the writers), so it’s kinda annoying. And what about all the people that buy it off the newsstand, are they just ignored. They’ll be going out to get their monthly Jane and it won’t be there and all the sellers can tell them is that it no longer exists. I haven’t quite decided if I’m gonna go with the subscription to Glamour or not, I figure I’ll try it out, but if I wanted a subscription to Glamour, you’d think I’d already have one. I wouldn’t mind a full refund for the Jane subscription, especially since mine doesn’t end until November of 2009.

So, I was listening to NPR the other day (National Public Radio), and they had their daily news show, All Things Considered, on. They were talking about how the relatives of the people tramatized by the Virginia Tech shootings were receiving payments for being traumatized. How wrong is that? Common sense tells you, if you’re suing sue the relatives of the guy that did it, of course they didn’t know he was going to do it, and they’re already dealing with enough grief on their part. It’s just so wrong, it makes me think people might hope for another shooting, just so they could go and get paid because their family member died, was injured, or even was in the vicinity of the shooting. YEAH, they didn’t even have to be injured by the shooter to get paid. It’s beyond wrong. Course things seem to be going to hell ever since that bitch sued McDonald’s because she was so stupid she spilled her hot coffee on herself. Of course, you also have to be wondering where we’re getting the judges that are awarding these claims to people. There need to be judges with common sense in the courts. Hell all judges should have common sense before becoming a judge.

I just needed to vent for the day.

No comments: