Saturday, June 12, 2021

Beautiful Edsel

June 8: I made a summer pocket letter:
I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do, I just had the background paper and then I found these cute girl stickers, so I went with those.
I altered a flipbook for a flip book tag:
Made it summery.
Put together a panda tag:
I love that die cut.
A wish for sticker sheets:
A wish for vinyl stickers:
Made a couple dog ATCs
I received a floral tag:
I was very disappointed in it. I gave the flower seeds to a friend.
I also got a Send Me Something cuddly:
I have a tendency not to open things sometimes, that way I can pass it on if I feel it works for some other tag.
I've been carrying home 2 boxes a night from work, it's tiring, but I need the boxes.
June 9: Had a weird shift that started at 3:30, not a fan of that, I have to eat at a weird time. I put together a wish of something lemon:

I found a text from my mother about going to Chicago for the 4th of July. My brother booked us tickets to fly out there, but had the return flight arrive here after I was supposed to be at work. When I told him the 5th wasn't a holiday, he got all upset. I had told my mother my schedule weeks ago when I got my birthday off. I was so excited when I got the original text and then upset when I went to bed.
July 10: I called my boss seeing what we could do about the 5th, she said she wasn't sure. People have the day off. My brother texted later in the day with flight information earlier on the 5th. I hate that they made me upset when they didn't consult my schedule. I realize most people get the 5th off, but when you work at a place that's open 7 days a week, you get the 4th off even if it's on the weekend. I tell them this all the time and they never ingest it. Mailed a bunch of stuff and went to the grocery store. I think I need to start eating healthier again. I'm pretty sure I'll overeat in Chicago. 
I feel so overwhelmed with the packing and now this trip and my antiqueing trip in a couple weeks. My friend asked when I wanted to celebrate my birthday, I almost replied August. I should be a little less frazzled by then.
I did see this beautiful car on my way to the post office. These are cars you don't see every day:
It's an Edsel Ford, from the late 50's. Gorgeous. I am bummed I won't make it to the Good Guys car show again this year.
I was so stressed I decided to open one of my birthday mails:
This one had come postage due in the past and I really wanted to know why. It was because of that pom pom paperclip, you can't send that on one stamp. It makes me wonder if she did hoping it would go through or that I would pay postage, which is kinda rude when it's a birthday gift. I love it, it was just stresseful to get it.
I got a red, white and blue tag ready to mail:
A Random Act of Kindness:
I put together a little embellishment box of stuff I've gotten but won't use, also one of my pockets because I have so many extra. I think I'll include some in my outgoing mail.
Another Random Act of Kindness:
Someone sent me this scoreboard, but I'm not going to use it, hopefully the person I'm sending it to will find a use for it.
Also put together a purple tag:
And a wish for something purple:
I got one piece of birthday mail. I love getting the birthday mail, but I'm tired of getting mail I can't open. I'm tempted to stop asking, but I really want lots of stuff to open on my birthday. Now that I'm going somewhere, I think I'll take the cards and put them in a birthday journal and leave the parcels for when I get home.

No comments: