Friday, April 30, 2021

Minions

April 24: I went to work because we were short a person, got a couple pieces of birthday mail in the mail. Work was wicked slow.
April 25: Had to work that day, too. I was originally signed up to work the whole weekend, but I had switched my Saturday out with someone. I feel we had more people come in, but still not that busy.
April 26: went to lunch with my parents, they wanted to talk about an idea for vacation. I wanted pizza, but my mom decided she wanted Red Lobster, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with their new limited menu. Not sure the last time I was there. I talked my mom into going to 5 Below and Home Goods. 
Five Below:
Picked up a couple packages of Rainbocorns, a giant bag of kawaii erasers (experiencing a bit of buyer's remorse for these), some choco rocks and a cord. I've been needing another cord, just haven't really looked into it.
Home Goods:
Matcha shortbread cookies, Pistachio pralines and some dog bag clips. The shortbread cookies were phenomenal, I wanted to get some vanilla ice cream and make ice cream sandwiches, but I'm having a bit of an issue with my freezer. The pistachio pralines are good, just wicked sweet. I picked up the bag clips for a friend.
I now have a vacation planned for this fall. I'm excited though hesitant to get my hopes up, plus I have a few things I need to focus on before then.
I got a wish for tag inserts ready to mail:
I received my Etsy purchase of Bother Buddies, they are wicked cute.
I received a Secret Mother's Day swap:
We were to send something with a value of $10, a handmade card and a treat to eat. I like the rosettes and binder clips.
A RAK? of vinyl stickers:
I like the card.
And a flower pocket letter:
April 27: spent my day on the computer reading. I was in a grumpy mood and wanted to go shopping, but didn't talk myself into it. Mail hadn't arrived by the time I went to work, but I found it after.
 Some Hallmark cards:
Send Me Something yellow:
And a surprise:
April 28: I bought some Special K cereal last week, I'm not a fan. I found a great unicorn mini pocket letter when I got home:

I love the chunky charm and use of texture.
She packed it in this cute cosmetic bag:
And included a bunch of stickers and some die cuts.
A coworker left this guy on my desk:
Said her kids had received it and weren't minion fans. Every time I walked by my desk, he made me smile. Unfortunately, he's too big, so I took him home.
April 29: Found this guy hanging out on the wall when I went to work:
And a beautiful altered notebook when I got home:
And I got grumpier. I had two postage due items this week. 
April 30: I went shopping because of my grumpy week, also haven't really been shopping in awhile. Normally, I visit Target, Walmart and Dollar Tree on the same day, they are all in the same space of time. I skipped Target, there's never anything I need there and I always end up spending a bunch of money. I haven't been to Target in at least a month, probably more. I did go to Walmart, I picked up my prescription from January, I need to order a new pair of glasses before the end of June when my vision insurance runs out. It was a boring trip to Walmart:
Underwear, jeans, undershorts, charger, envelopes. I wanted to pick up another pair of jeans and some more shorts to wear under my dresses. I've seen people wearing black shorts (usually more biker shorts) under shorter dresses and not caring if they show a bit. I tried the other pair on shortly after purchasing them, and they have coverage where I could do that, which is why I wanted to pick up another pair. I have the issue of my inner thighs rubbing together, I haven't found a cream to stop that, the shorts work the best for me. I got the jeans because I got the skinny ones a few weeks ago, I like them, but they sag, I need a belt, but until I get one of those I wanted another pair of jeans, these are a lighter wash and a lower rise. Also, the skinny jeans are a bit loose on the waist but tight on my calves (because of my muscles from walking so much). I need the envelopes. I also needed the charger, for awhile, just haven't researched too much, found this in the checkout line. 
Next up was the Dollar Tree, found an interesting unicorn graduation decoration:
Not sure I'd want one.
And spent too much money (what's new?)
Not too many sheets of stickers this time. Someone had sent me some of those sloth stickers, I'm excited to have found my own. I really like the cheetah and unicorn puffy stickers. The dog stuff is for a friend. I love that kawaii avocado and I found the stackable pencils in a weird spot, I feel someone was hiding them for later.
I can't pass up the cute pens, I feel like I buy at least one pen every time I go to the Dollar Tree. I couldn't pass up these bandaids that look like crayons, or the hedgehog and fox ribbon (even though I rarely use ribbon). Also, the watermelon coin purse and the taco cosmetic bag. The brush is for a friend (are you seeing a theme?). I love activity books, these are not worth the buck. Also, love those phone holders, though I figured I didn't have to use them as phone holders, they could hold anything. Also, needed some cards.
Needed the shower poufs and the toothpaste and the pads. The two snacks I picked up, I also picked up some water, but drank that before I got home. They must've just stocked these movies. I'm sure they are cheesy horror movies, figure if I don't like them, I only lost $2. Also, how cute is this journal with unicorns and sloths in space?
Last stop was Hobby Lobby, I needed tape.
And I have figured, it's cheaper to get the 8 replacement pack for $13 than two 4 packs for $7 each, and then I found some old stock tape. They changed the price from 10 to 13 last year, but these must've been hanging out in the back, and since they type everything in, they have to give me the $10 price, I bought all I found. I was a bit reluctant, but I go through this tape so quickly and I will be back to buy more, might as well get it at a cheaper price. Found some cute sticky notes, a frog tape measure, some wooden pieces (they are supposed to be bobbins and embroidery hoops, but I won't use them for that), some watering can stickers, a random wood piece, a Raphael Smash'em and some cake stands.
I found another Etsy order when I got home:
I totally placed it just for the minion donuts and then felt I couldn't justify the postage with just those. I wouldn't buy from them again, though. They printed the postage on the 21st, but didn't actually mail until the 24th. Don't tell me something is mailed when it's not yet.

No comments: