Sunday, February 03, 2019

It's February

So, it's February. I had planned to go shopping on the first because the high was going to be 20ish. Except when I got up it was 1, with a windchill of -12. Finished up a few things to take to the post office. I've been having a fun time using some old book pages to cover up things on envelopes, here's one:
Heart tag:
I got the doilies in a Valentine's day swap, but knew I wouldn't use them, so packaged them up with some foam hearts and some stickers.
Valentine's Day Happy mail:
Got the card in a swap as well as the stickers at the top and the bottom. The dog stickers are actually flocked and the other piece is a Valentine postcard.
So, I went to the post office and the grocery store and then went home. And got more things ready to mail.
Ephemera:
And here are the envelopes:
Again with using the vintage book pages to cover the envelopes. I really enjoy collaging stuff, I think it's when I have the most fun. I might have to get some more packing tape if I continue doing this.
Unicorn:
 The white one is a massager, the pink one was from a surprise ball I picked up after Christmas.
Saturday, I was excited to head over to Hobby Lobby and see what all they marked down for their big clearance event. Sadly, they didn't have a lot marked down yet.
 envelope seals (50 cents each), tags ($2), succulent (60 cents), washi ($1.25), Valentine's stickers ($1.20), planner charms ($1), buttons (75 cents), tags (75 cents). Spent a little over $9. They didn't have stickers or charms or tape marked down. I don't ever need anything at Hobby Lobby, but I was so excited to go and was hoping to get a big stash of stuff. I was so annoyed I consoled myself with bread:
 donuts ($3), multi colored bagels ($3), pretzel buns ($5), Twizzlers bites ($4), Oreo bar ($2), Dove peanut butter heart (25 cents). Sadly, the donuts didn't live up to my expectations either, so I guess I'm back to not buying donuts. Also, back to not buying the filled bites, they're a bit expensive and they didn't taste very good this time around. Spent about $16. Funny story: the Dove peanut butter heart was 25 cents at Hyvee here, at Target they are a buck each.
Found this cute heart attached to me when I got home:
 Had to work that afternoon and we finally got back to busy weekends. I should not have time to get random things done on the weekend. Plus, time goes so much faster when it's busy. Went by way of the grocery store on the way home because I needed milk and cereal. I wore my light winter coat to Hobby Lobby in the morning and had my spring coat on when I went to work.
Today: I went shopping. The high was supposed to be in the 50's. When I left it was about 9:30, in the mid 40's and wicked foggy. It was about 50 when I got home, still wicked foggy and I had my coat open because I was sweating. Looks like we're still in a dense fog advisory until midnight, we were in one when I left that was set to expire at noon, but when I was heading home about noon it was still pretty foggy, visibility was about 2 blocks.
First up was Target:
 socks (75 cents each), Num Noms blind packs ($3), another blind bag ($3), Ghiradelli Creme Brulee ($4), stickers ($1.50 each), My Little Pony blind bags (2 each), more socks ($4), stickers ($1).
I was on the lookout for leggings, but couldn't find cheap ones at Target, the cheapest ones were $8, I do try to get stuff I need at Target, but they're usually more expensive than Walmart, so I don't. I found these great socks while looking for the leggings. The top ones have a stack of books and they say My Weekend is booked. Totally couldn't pass them up for 75 cents each. I bought a pair for me and a pair for a swap, but might keep them for me. The pack of short Star Wars socks has like 8 pairs (maybe not that many, but a bunch), and I couldn't pass them up. I won't use them, but I'm hoping I can pass them on to someone who will in the future. I'm trying not to do that as much, but when the deals are that good, how do you pass them up? I've never seen creme brulee Ghiradelli, so I had to get them. Also, I ran out of blind bags, I have a tendency to open one up when I have a bad day, it totally helps. The felt stickers had sloths and hedgehogs, sadly there's only 15 pieces for a buck. I've been on the lookout for the snail mail stickers. I had a left over gift card from Christmas, so I ended up only paying  about $3, though the total was $26.
Next up was Walmart
 leggings (2 black for $6 and a pair of pink for $4), Mr. Pibb ($2), chipboard stickers ($3), cupcake pics ($1), smooshy blind bags ($1 each), Besties blind bag (75 cents), tape ($6), stuffed monster ($5). Total $38. Totally found my leggings, I had two pairs die on me and since I know we're not done with winter I knew I needed some more. Picked up the chipboard stickers because someone had sent me some awhile ago in a swap. Of course, tape. I couldn't pass up this monster, he was only $5, and the perfect color. I'd been doing ok since I picked up the robot and the platypus shortly after Christmas, but I've had 5 days of no mail, I needed something. I only picked up the Pibb, cause it looked good.
Last stop was Dollar Tree, my intention was to have a $20 budget, but then I saw the stickers and decided I didn't care, and then the total was barely over $20, so I paid in cash,
 stickers. They had some cool multipacks, the ones on the top left and right edges had three sticker sheets, a layered sheet, a words sheet and an alphabet sheet. The books of stickers had 4 sheets of stickers: puffy, glittery, metallicy and glossy. The sweet treats and monsters were in the Valentine's aisle. The cupcakes are dimensional, and those elephants, so cute! They're silver with colored ears. And of course some labels.
 The whale is for a friend, I couldn't pass up the socks, my Dollar Tree never has cute socks for women. Picked up the sequins for a swap, couldn't pass up the sequin heart. Needed the tape and the smelly thing.
Got home and threw my laundry in the washer. Put together a SMS magnetic:
 And a favorites pocket letter:
I had favorite book: Radium Girls, favorite candy: chocolate, favorite food: donuts, favorite place: Hawaii, favorite animal: lion, favorite hobby: reading, favorite color: seafoam, favorite meal: lunch, and favorite flower: pansy.
Heart tags:
We're supposed to go back to normal winter temps this week

No comments: