Saturday, February 17, 2018

Christmas gifts

The whole reason I wasn't going to go After Valentine's Day shopping was because on Valentine's Day I went to a local gift shop and spent $61 on stuff.
 I went in for the St. Patrick's Day pics for a loaded envelope, they were $0.25 each. When I got to the sale cellar (where they live), I found the leftovers of their Christmas stuff at 60% off. I decided to pick up a few things. The 'Merry Christmas' piece and the snowflake in here are for swaps in the future.
These are for my brother:
 He collects reindeer.
These are for my mother:
 She collects Santas.
These are for my friend:
 Her birthday is in March, I figure I'll give her the fox for that and the bird for Christmas.
These are for me:
The most expensive thing was $5, that was the snowman. I ended up putting everything but the frog in my Advent calendar for this year.
When I added it up, the retail total would have been $150. I love this store and I know they have to have higher prices because they are an independent retailer, but I'd never pay $10.50 for an ornament. But, I also figure, I've bought 3 gifts for my brother, 3 or 4 for my mother, 2 for my friend and too much for me for Christmas this year.
I'm going to try really hard not to spend more money for the rest of the month. I'm going to try really hard to just use what I have for Easter, after Easter until Halloween there aren't a lot of holiday themed swaps. I'm also going to try to just shop at garage sales this summer instead of retail stores.

No comments: