Tuesday, March 07, 2017

what's been going on

Loving: Castle by Halsey. It was at the end of The Huntsman: Winter's War. I looked it up on YouTube and I have been listening to it continuously since Sunday night.
The other day I was mentioning that I was bothered by spending a $100 gift card in a little over a week. I just watched a youtube video where the person spent over $120 just in the Target $spot alone. I was a little overwhelmed. But, each to their own I guess.
I also just bought some girl scout cookies, I think I'm kinda over girl scout cookies. I bought a box of thin mints, the new s'mores and a bag of gluten free. I know there are two different kinds of the new s'mores, the ones here are graham crackers in marshmallowy frosting and then coated in chocolate. I didn't like them, took them to work yesterday and they were gone before I left 5 hours later. I also wasn't impressed with the thin mints. I haven't tried the gluten free yet, my boss has a very sensitive stomach, so I kinda wanted her to open the bag first and then try them. I don't know if that will happen. I'm really good at buying things with other people in mind and then keeping them for myself, but I'm also good at buying things for myself and then giving them to friends, so I guess it all evens out.
March is National Craft month, so I've been trying to be crafty every day. I know it hasn't happened, and it's not going to happen next week while I'm in Chicago, but if I did, I could actually finish all my swaps early and not have to worry about them close to when they are due.
I've decided I'm taking only my phone to Chicago. I know I'll have a lot of blogs to read and a lot of Youtube to catch up on when I get back, but I feel I spend too much time on that stuff as it is, I don't need to be doing it on vacation. I decided I will be checking my email (which I probably won't have much interesting in) and facebook. Sometimes I get a lot of notifications from my groups, it would be a little overwhelming to come back to. Also, I unsubbed from a lot of my youtube channels because I spend too much time watching it. I've decided part of it, is because people talk a lot in their videos. That's not to say people don't 'talk' a lot in their blogs, but I read pretty fast, and you can skim blogs, you can't really skim videos. I'm also trying to not watch haul videos because it just makes me want to go out and spend money and I do not need more stuff. I want to just watch what people are creating/getting in the mail.
I was looking through my blog posts the other day, I used to post just about every day when I first started, now I'm lucky if I post once a week. I either have less to complain about or nothing exciting really happens to me. It's probably a bit of both. I don't do a lot other than art and go to work.

No comments: