Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge

It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge again.
1. What's the first image that comes to mind when you hear the word 'spring'? Which phrase best describes the season of spring where you live right now (today)-sprung! almost there, or still waiting? Walking in the warm weather, or puddles. We've had temperatures in the 40's, 50's and 60's lately, and I know it's spring (well, not technically) because there are puddles where there weren't any when there was snow. I don't like the spongy and muddy earth, though.

 2. Bed, couch, stapler, garage door, computer mouse, recliner, flashlight, door knob...which household item containing springs most needs replacing in your home? Speaking of springs...did you ever own a Slinky? I'm going with my bed, my parents "bought" me one last year for my birthday, but I've decided that I don't want one until I move because it has to go in and out my apartment through the kitchen window and up or down two flights of a fire escape. I did have a Slinky and I saw one for sale at Target today, so you can still get them.
3. March is Women's History Month. Share a favorite quote by a woman.

4. What's a question that looms large in your mind right now? What next? I'm at a crossroads in my life and I have no idea which way to go.

5. Are you a sugar freak? By that I mean how much do you love sugar? With all the bad press sugar gets these days, have you made any efforts to reduce the amount of sugar you consume? I love sugar. I bought candy for my Easter basket today, chocolate covered pretzels, cherry Coke, 3 kinds of Ben & Jerry's ice cream and sugar cereal today, I love sugar. And, no I don't try to reduce my sugar intake. That's why I don't like diets, I don't like to not let myself eat things I love.

6. Would you rather have less work to do or more work you enjoy doing? More work I enjoy. I was reorganized at my job and do less work right now and less of what I enjoy doing. I'd really love just to do more work right now.

7. Ever been to Texas? Of the top ten Texas tourist attractions which would you most like to see-The Alamo, The San Antonio River Walk, The State Capital, Dallas World Aquarium, Padre Island National Seashore, Houston Space Center, Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Six Flags Fiesta Texas,  Moody Gardens, or Galveston Island? I have not been to Texas, but anything about animals I'm always game to go to, so the Aquarium wins on my list, but the National Seashore sounds good too. I guess the Six Flags and Waterpark would be close seconds.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. As I said, we've had rather warm weather lately. I talked myself into walking to some stores today, just to get out and about. I really wanted to find stuff to put in Easter baskets, I found a couple things, but nothing really jumped out at me. I'm kinda disappointed. I have 2 friends I'm filling baskets for, me and my mother. I believe I've got my mother done, but I wanted some candy for my friends baskets, I didn't do very well with that. I kept wanting to buy things, but then I decided I had stuff like it at home that I could use.

No comments: