Thursday, July 18, 2019

Big Mystery box

Monday: was a pretty normal day, found this huge box of donuts when I went on break, I only ate 2
 Found some happy mail when I got home,
Birthday card:
 It had some yummy tasting tea in it.
WTA: was supposed to be notepaper
 The person sending to me didn't realize she was supposed to send what she had noted instead of what I had noted. I like stickers better anyway.
Green happy mail:
 This one was wicked late. I kept thinking she wasn't going to send to me as she said she never got the destash tag that I tagged her in, but I sent it with tracking which said it was delivered. I like the turtle stickers and the postcard. I'm getting a bit tired of people sending me handmade envelopes.
I realized the end of the week would not be very fun as the forecast was to put us in an excessive heat advisory from Wednesday to Friday, now it's been extended to Saturday.
Tuesday: I got a mermaid tag ready to mail:
 And then walked to Kohl's to return the skirt my mother gave me on Sunday. I just didn't like the way it looked on my body. My original plan was to just return the skirt and come back another day, but when I got there I kinda wanted to get something new. My mom had said she could only find a couple skirts that she thought I would like. When I got there I found quite a few, including this one:
 But, I decided to go for dresses instead. This is my favorite:
 It was a bit pricey ($54), but I LOVE it. The print covers my belly, I love how it kinda cinches in at the waist and kinda spreads out at the bottom. I like the print (apparently I really love blue clothes, I have a few of them).
This was the second dress:
 It's not as flattering, but it's really comfy (T-shirt material), the middle part sits on my stomach, so it hides it and it could be worn to a dressier event because of the lacy material on top. This one was about the same price as the skirt, so I got it free and just paid for the other one.
Also, visited TJ Maxx while I was there:
 Might have gone a little overboard in the snack aisle.
peanut butter bites ($4) cookies ($3), pretzels ($3), Peanuts socks ($2), lentil chips ($4), chocolate chip bites ($4), truffles ($4) and tea ($3).
The bites are ok, I took them to work and I really can't taste the peanut butter in the peanut butter ones. I haven't tried the cookies yet. The pretzels were really big and the caramel got stuck in my teeth. Why is it that they had really cute designs in the men's department for socks, but not the women's. The chips are not so good, they will end up at work. I haven't tried the truffles yet. I went to drink the tea last night and realized it had a laxative in it, not interested in that.
Found some happy mail on my way to work.
WTA: happy mail
 Very cute.
WTA: Diddl paper
 The Diddl figure is the one on the paper, I find them cute, but I don't really use memo paper.
And some happy mail:
 which again makes me wonder why I do this tag, other than the handmade envelope in the upper left corner, I'm not that excited about any of it.
I chose to wear one of my dresses to work:
 And got a ton of compliments on it. I was worried it would be too hot because it was so long and the temps were in the 80s. It was comfortable and I felt I looked really good in it.
Wednesday: was a normal day.
These melons were tattooed on during a program we had Tuesday night.
This one is my favorite:
 Though this one was pretty cool, too:
 Thursday: I planned to go shopping. I had the plan before I knew the forecast, but I wasn't going to let that stop me. I kinda wish my fitbit could gauge how warm it is, because I feel I burn more calories when it's wicked hot outside. When I got dressed, I asked myself what I wanted to be covered in sweat when I got home. My plan was to get up early and leave, but it was pitch black out when I got up. The weather cleared and I left about 8:45, it wasn't that bad out and I didn't really feel hot or start sweating until I got to Target (about a mile walk).
Found this guy:
 Wasn't willing to spend $7 for it, though. Most everything I bought was on clearance or from the Dollar Spot.
 socks ($1), M&M's Hazelnut Spread ($3), rub ons ($2), washi ($1 each), banner ($3), stickers ($1), magnetic bookmarks ($1).
I couldn't pass up the socks, they look like notebook paper. The M&M's I had a Cartwheel for. The rub ons are pink paislee by American Crafts I was surprised to find them. There were some other stickers, but I didn't feel like paying $4 for them. The washi is extra cute, it's got a bunch of school supplies on it, so I picked up two. The banner is a bunch of school supplies as well, I thought I could use it in a project. I love the alphabet stickers and the bookmarks.
I really wanted to find the Dr. Seuss washi tape I've been seeing people haul, but I didn't see any. I refrained from picking up any school supplies, I figured I'd pick up a few things at Dollar Tree, and then they had barely anything out (which is as it should be, school supplies should appear until August).
 Mystery box ($16), Pikmi Pops ($4), Smooshy Mu ($2), Moj Moj ($2). I told myself I wasn't buying anymore blind bags unless they were under $2, I couldn't walk away from the Mystery box, I had to see what was in it. I also really wanted the Pikmi Pops as I had picked up one this size from Walmart a few weeks back and really liked it.
I ended up spending $39, mostly because of that mystery box. It was a good deal. Here's what was in it:
 And then everything opened:
 I'm sure it was at least a $50 value, I'd just never buy any of these. If they were all $5 each, that's a $75 value. I'm keeping the Teenage Ninja Turtles keychains and one of the Guardians of the Galaxy dog tags. I figure, I'll put them all back in the box, in their packages and donate to Goodwill.
Next up was Walmart.
 Harry Potter eraser ($1), oven mitt ($0.50), towel ($0.50), Trolls blind bag ($2), some cute sticky note sets ($2 each).
I was so excited to walk out of there paying only $8 and in cash, until I got home and realized the whole reason I needed to go shopping was to pick up double stick tape at Walmart. I have two boxes of 4 rolls each, but I go through them so fast, I wish there was a way for some store to send me a box like every week or so.
I'm not a Harry Potter fan, but I thought he was so cute as an eraser. I needed a new oven mitt and I just thought the towel was cute. This blind bag was one I really wanted, and it ended up being the cloud with his friend, the one I REALLY wanted. The mini sticky note sets were too cute to pass up. One has a pineapple, strawberry and banana, the other has a squirrel, hedgehog and elephant, and they're so small.
After leaving Walmart and making my way to the Dollar Tree I started getting covered in sweat.
Last stop was the Dollar Tree:
 folder, adulting stickers, banner stickers, Blow Pops, nuts, strawberry muffin, cream filled croissant, mermaid keychain, peanut butter cupcakes, cupcake book, toothpaste, stickers.
At least I got part of what I had to go to the Dollar Tree for, toothpaste, forgot the other thing, but that was ok. I picked up the folder to store my penpal letters in. The adulting stickers were too cute to pass up, I feel one works great for today: I didn't spend all my money. The banner stickers were too cute, figured I use them in a pocket letter. I'm always excited about the interesting food I find there, I wanted to see if these nuts are close to the toffee nuts I get sometimes and I was curious about the peanut butter cupcakes.
 foil stickers, reading stickers, lots of chalkboard looking stickers.
I know I just shouldn't go down the sticker aisle, but I can't help it. Going through past purchase pictures I end up using most everything except stickers. The reading stickers had owls on them. And I loved the chalkboard looking ones, one set has a garbage can with flowers falling out, one has some cute cacti, and one has a bicycle and pansies.
 banner stickers, adulting stickers, reward stickers, nesting boxes, cactus sticky notes, unicorn sticky notes, pens, llama luggage tag, cactus luggage tag, washi.
I thought the banner stickers would work for a love theme and again loved the adulting stickers, one says I like long walks away from people. The nesting boxes had mason jar drinks on top of them. The reward stickers are cute little flower stickers. The sticky notes were just fun, one has cacti and says prickly today, the other one has a unicorn and says the unicorn is my spirit animal. I loved the designs on the pens. The luggage tags were too cute, I do have to put together a llama tag, I might send this out. I know I said I didn't like Dollar Tree washi, but this one has houses and a fox.
pound cake, lemon pound cake, Hershey's swiss rolls, sloth socks, pens, more sticky notes and the washi tape.
OOPs, looks like I put the house and fox washi in two pictures, I only bought one roll. I shouldn't have bought the pound cake because it's not that good, but it was only 50 cents each. The swiss rolls looked interesting. I liked the socks. I like these pens, but I use them up so quickly. The sticky notes had an ice cream cone on them and this washi says hello beautiful.
I ended up spending $40 there. I usually have a $20 bill and keep it under $20, but I didn't have the cash this time, so I didn't have a limit.
Usually I beat myself up for spending so much money, but I was good and still am with it today. I know I'll use it all (except the mystery box, but I'm ok with that). I do need to stop spending money, though.
I wanted to stop and have lunch somewhere, but I didn't want to sit and then realize I had to get up and go out in the heat afterwards. I had to stop 3 blocks from home and wipe off my face because I couldn't see with the sweat running into my eyes. My phone said it was 89 and felt like 100 degrees.
I took a shower, had lunch and am taking it easy for the rest of the day.

No comments: