Sunday, July 07, 2019

Lazy days

It's been a lazy few days. Thursday: I chose not to get up and go to the parade, I did go to a family get-together with my dad's side of the family.
We basically hung out in the yard, ate and talked. It was nice to just listen to everyone else talk. I got  a little tan on my arms and a little red on my face. There was lots of good food and I ate too much and moved too little. But still fun.
Friday: I chose not to go to the one garage sale that was posted (it was a bit further than I wanted to walk). I started a book, but didn't get very far in it. Mail wasn't in my mailbox when I left for work (it'd been late all week), work was kinda slow, there were a few times I just stared out the front windows. Of course we got busy closer to closing, like every Friday. I found my mail when I got home.
Winner Takes All of cards and envelopes:
 You'd think they could actually give me printed cards. I am not a fan of these, though I do need card blanks, so I guess I got my wish.
A birthday wish:
 This one came from Belgium.
Another birthday wish:
This one came from a former supervisor. Her note was very touching.
Saturday: I was lazy all day. Finished three books, finished a movie and watched a movie. It was a great lazy day, I got to ignore the world and do anything I wanted.
Sunday: Decided not to start my laundry when  I got up (which was good because the upstairs folk still had laundry in the dryer when I started my load in the washer at 10AM, also heard them start more in the dryer when I was typing this. I'm very frustrated that this is a normal Sunday thing. We decided long ago that I would do my laundry on Sundays. They always have a load to finish on Sunday mornings or still have stuff in the dryer when I start. It's annoying.) I keep feeling the world is telling me to move somewhere else and get a new job. I mentioned that to my friend the other day and she asked if I had to move away from here (this town), I said maybe not, but there's not a lot of great places to work here, not if I want good money and benefits. I wish I knew what to do.

No comments: