Wednesday, July 24, 2019

I bought a sloth

Sunday: was work, started a book, trying to get through my books instead of just renewing them. Got my laundry done, too.
Monday: work started out interesting, we had the cops come within the first half hour of opening, some guy yelling at and threatening people. It ended normally.
Went home and made cheesecake for work. Realized as I was mixing it up I had accidentally bought evaporated milk instead of sweetened condensed milk. I was glad I noticed it then, Google told me I could remedy it by adding sugar, so I did. I was also a bit afraid it wouldn't taste very lemony as after I dumped in the pudding mix I couldn't really taste it, so I added some lemon extract but stopped because I was afraid I'd add too much. I had too much filling again, so had an extra:
 The extra was the round one, I thought the consistency wasn't really cheesecakey. Received some mail.
Secret Sister Shades of Summer swap:
 I was a bit disappointed in this one. It looks like my partner just went to Walmart and bought stuff in all the colors. It didn't feel like a lot of thought went into it. The only thing I feel I'll use are the gems. Everyone else's pictures look like so much fun.
Winner Takes All: Clear stamps
 These are really pretty, but I don't use clear stamps.
Winner Takes All: Minnie writing set:
 This is wicked cute, I'm not sure if I'll use it or not.
I'm still waiting on 3 more winner takes all, I only know that one person has sent them.
I granted a wish to send some happy mail out:
 This person likes cats, so I collected some cat related stuff and mailed it out.
Since I received some stickers that I wouldn't use, I thought I'd sign up for a sticker swap:
 Mail out date is later in July.
Tuesday: Had to go shopping because I realized I forgot some stuff I needed when I went shopping on Thursday. I had to do it on Tuesday, as it's the only free day I had.
Found this guy on my way out:
 First stop was Walmart:
 lots of tape ($6 each), 6x9 envelopes ($3), shorts ($10), cleaning wipes ($2).
This was the whole reason I had to go shopping last week and subsequently this week. I needed double stick tape. I'm supposed to be picking up a package every time I go to Walmart, I haven't the last two times I've been at Walmart. I also needed some more 6x9 envelopes. I picked up some more shorts to wear under my skirts/dresses. Last Friday I had worn a pair under my dress and they slipped way up, not sure why, thought it was maybe they were a bit loose. Also, needed some cleaning stuff.
 Sloth, Party pop teenies
I splurged on these, especially the sloth ($5), the blind bag was 50 cents. I've been wanting to figure out what they were. Not too exciting but for 50 cents, it's an ok value.
I spent less than I thought I would at Walmart. I knew it was going to be high, but I wasn't sure how many packages of tape I would buy.
I bypassed Target as I didn't need anything there, and hit Dollar Tree as my last stop
 Lifesavers gummies, lucky charms bar, mango almond bar, 2 narwhal pens, peanut butter cupcakes, veggie chips, white twix.
I really wanted something fun and different, but all I ended up with was the pens. The veggie chips were really good, I devoured them when I got home.
 sponges, air fresheners, pads
A couple other things I really needed.
A close-up of the narwhal pens:
They had different expressions on each side.
Found this guy waiting on the porch for me when I got home:
 The detail in this new phone camera is great.
 These are very close pictures and still the detail is very nice.
 And the last one.
 No idea what kind of caterpillar except that he was really furry.
  No mail that day, but I did put together a few things to mail out.
Send Me something butterfly stickers:
 happy mail:
 red crafting supplies:
 wish for Halloween washi samples and Halloween cards:
 This is for a card sketch.
We had to make a fold card with. This is called a gate card.
Wednesday: took my cheesecake to work for a small plates get together, we all decided it was a great idea and we should have it more often. I feel we also all ate too much. I was originally going to be going to Pizza Ranch with one of my work friends tonight, but we decided we were too full from lunch, that will be postponed until later.
No mail again on Wednesday. OK, I shouldn't say no mail, just no happy mail. My mail's tapered off quite a bit since my birthday, I'm still getting swaps and tags in. I feel things are taking longer these days, usually it takes up to a week for single stamp items to get to me, or stuff people throw in a mailbox instead of taking to the post office, but I have stuff people say they mailed in June I still haven't received and this is from people in the US. I seem to get the out of country stuff faster than the other stuff. Of course you can never tell when they actually mailed it because you can post pictures of an envelope with stamps as proof of postage, there's no way to tell when it's been mailed until I get it and see a post mark. I feel when I get less mail, I want to shop more or sign up for more tags because I want more mail. I'm trying not to sign up for so much, just stuff I really want.

No comments: