Wednesday, July 03, 2019

My birthday

So, it started off ok, slept in a bit. Decorated my cheesecake:
 I totally forgot to pick up candles at the grocery store, so I just wrote my year on it in hot chocolate (which is not easy to 'write' with).
I opened all my birthday mail.
 How cute are those unicorn napkins?
 A nice handmade card.
 A bunch of please deliver to labels.
 Loving this card and the sticker flakes.
 This one also had a couple tiny bags full of sticker flakes inside. Love all those unicorn stickers.
 How cute is that panda bear card? And the unicorn sticker?
 Love this handmade card.
 A cute glittery card.
 Nice bracelet.
 Another cute card.
 This one was in my mailbox at work.
 This one had a beading kit, some handmade envelopes and a bunch of stickers. Love the fuzzy dalmatian stickers.
 I really liked these washi.
 I love the minion ring, only I knew I wouldn't use it as a ring, I can't figure out where to put it. The thing at the top is a bag, I was afraid to unfold it because I didn't think I could get it folded back up.
 This one has a bunch of minion handmade envelopes that she added deliver to labels to, a mini paper pad, a minion candy dispenser (that I can't bear to open), some Koala snacks, a cute green guy and a nice handmade card.
I had a giant grin on my face as I was opening these. I had plans to go to shopping and lunch with a friend and she was late, so my grin slowly faded.
She gave me this nice card:
We headed off to Goodwill:
 Found this great diecast scale car ($3), not really sure where it's going and some Mary Engelbreit Thanksgiving cards ($1). I don't really send Thanksgiving cards, but they were Mary Engelbreit.
Out.
Next stop was right next door to the Dollar Tree:
 This might be the least I've spent at a Dollar Tree in awhile. I couldn't pass up the monster and unicorn stickers. I had to pick up the shower fizzers, I've heard of these being sold at Walmart, but never Dollar Tree. I have a bunch of bath bombs (I wanted to try them out), but I don't really take baths, I'll be trying these out soon.
Next up was lunch, we went to a cute little cafe, I had a vegetarian sandwich. We were too full for desert and headed off to Tuesday Morning.
 Snail Tape dispenser.
 Octopus napkin holder, there was a spoon rest and a cookie jar and a sponge holder. I kinda wish I had that much room in my kitchen. I almost bought the spoon rest but it had a chip on it.
 Basically everything I bought was $1.99, my friend bought the octopus cookie jar. Washi labels, these look like deliver to labels, that's basically why I bought them. I only bought this marshmallow pop for food, which is kinda weird for me. Some mermaid ephemera, unicorn stickers, puffy bee stickers, unicorn ephemera, and mermaid stickers.
I always feel hurried at Tuesday Morning, I don't have a crafty friend that wants to spend a lot of time there, so I try to hurry through the crafting stuff. I don't want my companions to get annoyed that I took too long.
We headed back after that, my friend had an appointment at 4 and I had plans at 5:30.
A better look at my cookie jar:
 Not quite sure what I'm going to do with it. I think I need to take stock of my collections and donate some stuff to goodwill.
Found a box from another friend waiting for me when I got home:
 magnet that says Earth without art is just eh, birthday cake white chocolate, facemask, Frogger blind bag, Yummy world blind bag, tiny owl fork, little frog and a cute pin.
Another one of my friends said she'd plan something for us to do. It started with going to the hibachi grill. The food was good, but I didn't really appreciate the 'humor' of the chef, I'm also impatient and I just wanted my food. They mentioned it was my birthday, so the sang me a song and played instruments, they said I was supposed to dance, I don't dance.
We were supposed to go mini golfing, but it was raining when we left dinner, so we headed to her house to enjoy my cheesecake and open presents.
Her birthday was the week before, so I had a ceramic cupcake filled with goodies for her.
What I received:
She said she bought me the Pusheen blind bag because she knew I wouldn't buy one myself. It's true, it was $7.99, I don't go that high (usually) on blind bags. I love that Pusheen is eating pizza (I love pizza), some pop up birthday cards, a couple minion blind bags (sadly I already have these figures, so I just took them to work) and some pusheen stickers that I will probably never use.
By the time I got home it was close to 10, I still had to get ready for work in the morning, so I was exhausted by the time I made it to bed.
It was one of the best birthdays I've had in awhile. I love hanging out with friends, that usually doesn't happen because it's so close to the 4th and people usually have plans. There was one year all I did with my friends was go to breakfast. That's part of the reason I was asking for birthday mail in my groups.

No comments: