Sunday, July 14, 2019

cactus garden

Saturday: I had every intention of going to a few garage sales when I got up. The first couple were across the street from each other. I found a few things at the first one:
 The stuffed animals were in the free box. I believe they are Happy Meal toys from McDonald's, I probably should have only taken the platypus, oh well.
I didn't find anything at the second one.
The third one I was considering was on the other side of a busy street and exactly opposite of the first two, so I decided to check out the farmer's market, since I'd be walking that way anyway. I was still looking for a good pastry. I found this display instead:
 How cool are these? I really wanted that blue colored one on the right in the brown pot, but I also really wanted a garden (which I realize, I didn't catch in this photo). So, I bought one. This was a friend's table, so she gave me a bit of a discount, you can barely see the one I bought on the far right of the photo:
 As I was leaving, I realized she had crittered and I mentioned if she had a jellyfish I'd buy it, and she brings out a jellyfish. I told her since I just bought the garden ($40), I'd have to wait a bit. These are my favorite kinds of plants, ones I can't kill.
I took it home, and had to add a few things when I got there:
 It was wicked humid out, I walked barely over a mile and was covered in as much sweat as I was the day before when I walked over 4 miles. I took a shower and was exhausted all afternoon (but not so much that I could take a nap, of course). I took a detour through the library to pick up the items I had checked out on Friday and to look at the 4H art and photography exhibit. There was a lot of paint pour items, those are really cool to look at. I didn't appreciate that they had a lot of items covered up with the grading sheet that the judges fill out, I'm pretty sure the people are much more interested in the artwork than what they were judged on.
I just finished watching Medium. When I checked my mail at 5, I had quite a few items.
Flat item:
 I like the pouch.
Winner takes all of notecards:
 I really like the frog and toad one.
Green happy mail:
 This was sent by the same person who sent the flat item, they were in two separate envelopes, I feel she could have saved money if she mailed them together. She must be like me, get it all packaged up and ready to go and then sometimes you realize you tagged that person again.
I really like the bird washi and that palm tree pen.
Another birthday card:
 Still loving getting these.
And my Hollar Haul, I wasn't expecting it until next week:
 The boring stuff, I got three of these moisture absorber things ($1 each), some Bounce dryer sheets ($1.30), some tape ($1).
Now for the good stuff:
gummy strawberries (1.30), Jim Henson's Dinosaur Train Hatchasaur Blind Egg ($2), Gudetama the Lazy Egg Hanger Blind Bag ($2), Squinkies 'Do Drops Mystery Villa Blind Set ($1 each), Pikmi Pops Surprise! Mini Mystery Pack ($3.50), Hatchimals Glittering Garden Mystery Minis ($5), Nintendo Yoshi Wind-Up Toy ($2.50).
I have to say I'm don't believe what they quote as the price you'd pay in stores for some of these. I can see Gudetama being priced higher because of what it is, but I can't believe that the Yoshi wind up toy would cost $43 at a store, the container would fit in your hand. I think they started doing that so you can see how much you'd be saving, kinda like Tuesday Morning, but I'm pretty sure some of their prices are wrong.
Sunday: I headed over to my parents, my mom and I were going to an art fair at our botanical gardens. I don't like that you have to pay to get into the gardens. I also feel that a lot of the vendors are at a local art fair in September.
I picked up a bunch of tiny pots:
 I'm not sure why, they were just so cute and pretty. The tiny pots were $3 each and the bowl was $5. They were the only purchase I got, I have a $20 bill, but I keep saving it for 'something good', so I charged the $17 to my card.
There was a lot of jewelry, I like looking at jewelry but it seemed at least half the vendors were jewelry (there might not have been that many, it just felt like it).
My mom also had a couple skirts she had picked up from Kohl's for me to try on. She wouldn't listen when I told her I didn't really like either of them. They were very straight, which makes me feel like they make me feel wider (whether they do or not, I'm not sure). One was a black and white skirt that's the same style and brand as one I already have and I don't like how it sits on my stomach. The other was an olive green one which really made me feel large. I really like A line skirts. I'm tempted to take the one (the olive green skirt) back. She wouldn't listen and basically made me take one. It's a nice skirt, but like I said it makes me feel big, plus I don't have a lot of shirts that would go with it, though my mother said mostly anything goes with that color, not true. I know Kohl's will take things back without a receipt and more than a month after it's purchased. I'll probably take it back, it just doesn't work for me. I really want a navy skirt, and we both decided if it was navy it'd be better.
I came home and did my laundry and also got some things ready to be mailed out. I told myself I was going to work on art swaps on Sunday.
Pocket letter:
 And after making that and getting stuck in the middle of the altered project life cards, I opened my blind bags.
 I like most of them, I got the exact same Hatchimals (blue/yellow animal in middle) animal as last time, and I'm not that excited about some of the squinkies (tiny things on the right), the animals are cute, but the igloo and watering can, not so much. Also, the Pikmi pop (blue bird on left) is supposed to smell like blueberry, but it smells more like maple syrup to me.
Here are the altered project life cards:
 I totally just used the scraps on my desk.
We had to do 8, and while it was a challenge to do them, they were fun to make.

No comments: