Monday, July 01, 2019

Jellyfish

Saturday: I switched shifts with a co-worker and opened instead of closing. I was ok not having to deal with the heat (upper 90's) and heat index (103), there was a heat advisory that had started by the time I left at 1:15. As I was leaving a friend offered me a ride, which I gladly accepted.
Found a birthday wish when I got home:
 Though I was a bit perturbed that it was a postcard, it's not like I can save that until my birthday.
Sadly, I got bored the rest of the afternoon. I tried reading books, I tried watching YouTube and movies, I just couldn't get in to anything.
Sunday, I decided to take stock of the blind bags I had opened:
 The top are Pint size heroes by Disney, there's 3 Ugly Dolls blind bags, a bunch of My Little Pony and a few Trolls.
I then divvied up the rest of my blind bags, saved 5 to open on Sunday and 5 more for Monday. The ones I opened on Sunday:
 An Ugly Doll, a Troll, a Pint Size Heroes (Belle), a How to Train your Dragon and a Gremlins.
I had brunch with my parents to celebrate my birthday. We went to a brunch, my parents had the buffet, which just had a bunch of items that I felt I could have at home: scrambled eggs, French toast, omelets. I figure if you're going out to eat, you should get something you can't have at home.
 So, I got pecan French toast:
 The syrup was so good, I really wanted to just lick it off the plate.
Afterwards we headed to Walmart to get a microwave, but because we didn't know what was the best, I have to research and then tell my parents which one I want.
I splurged on a bunch of blind bags for my birthday:
 Surprise toy box ($5), owl wood piece ($0.50), Lost Kitties ($3), taco keychain ($2), Grumblies ($4) Cutetitos ($10), Pikmi Pops ($5).
I spent about $42, I've decided to not buy anymore blind bags unless they are $2 or less, preferably only $1. I figure I've bought a couple blind bags every time I've gone shopping and if they are $3 each, that's quite a bit of money. I need to focus on garage sales and not big box stores. I also figure that I've been spending the money I've been saving from not buying crafting supplies on blind bags. So much for saving money.
I made my cheesecake:
 It's a bit brown, but I couldn't figure out if it was done. Everything said the middle should jiggle, but not the sides. Everytime I shook it, the whole thing jiggled. I tasted the middle, it's good, plus the serving suggestion is whipped cream and hot chocolate.
The square pan was the leftover cheesecake, I had cut the recipe in half and still had quite a bit left. I wish I had a smaller pan, so it would have been thicker, it's about half an inch thick, I've just been eating it out of the pan, it's delicious.
I chose to open the surprise toy box, after googling it, I realized it wasn't that great.
 The goodies:
 But I guess that's what you get for spending so little for 8 blind bags. I like the little animals and the egg full of dinosaurs. I'm not even sure what that thing is on the right side.
Monday: I chose to wear another dress to work:
 Thought I'd go shopping after work, I was originally going to go Saturday after work.
Found these at a local fair trade store:
 I didn't end up buying anything.
The blind bags I opened on Monday:
Pint Size Heroes (Mickey), Disney Mystery Minis Plushies (Mickey), Trolls, My Little Pony and a red Ugly Doll.
Mail was delivered late (4:45), I think it was because I knew there was a box of birthday surprises. I ended up with 10 items in the mail.
Button swap:
 We were to make a card with a button on it.
Surprise:
 The notecards are really cute.
Beach tag:
 Loving those puffy stickers, also there's a jellyfish.
Winner Takes All: Happy Mail
 The Winner Takes all is where we comment with what we would send to the person that won. I don't usually win stuff, there wasn't a lot of people that signed up, but I'm still excited to win it.
Winner Takes All: 2 sticker sheets
 Not really excited about these, but they are cute.
Winner Takes All: 5 sticker sheets:
I love the puffy elephants.
The other 4 items were birthday surprises, I'll open all my birthday surprises on my birthday.

No comments: