Saturday, June 05, 2021

A happy cloud

June 1st: I finally gave in and went to Hobby Lobby for their 75% off clearance event. I resisted all last week and the weekend. I ended up spending a tiny bit over $70. I added it up, I saved almost $100, but my friend said if it was money I wasn't going to spend anyway, I didn't actually save it. 
I haven't bought paper in a long time, yet I still seem to have a ton of it. I loved a ton of the prints in the paper studio pack, it was originally $22 and I got it for $5. I went for double sided cardstock and thicker paper than computer weight, sadly this paper pad was not, but the prints were so cute. The second one is a Jen Hadfield paper pad, I never see any other paper pads except Paper Studio to go on sale, so to get something that's not Hobby Lobby's house brand, it was originally $20 and I got it for $4.50. I found out, they sell these refill tape packs in Paper Crafting and Art. In paper crafting they are $12.99, in art they are $9.99, same exact packaging. Those and the bone folder were the only things I picked up that weren't on sale. I needed the bone folder, I've needed one for years (I might even have one, but I have no idea where it is). I picked up some dog washi for a friend. I picked up the cute 4th of July rolling pin, the 4th of July gnome picks and the 4th of July metal pick up truck.
And then I got lost in the stickers, I always do. Everything was on clearance except the bug die cuts/stickers and the crafting stickers, but Paper Studio was 50% off, so they were still on sale. Again, I picked up stuff I have been eyeing but don't want to spend the money on. Sometimes I think I wait for these to pick up some of the stuff I really want.
 I received a Hello Kitty pocket letter in the mail:
It's not that great, but when it's Hello Kitty, I'm not sure you can really go wrong.
Also a mini score board:
I asked for rosettes. I realize you can use the score board to make rosettes, but the whole reason I asked for rosettes is because I hate to make them. People make way more cool ones than I do anyway. 
And a piece of birthday mail.
When I walked into work, our automated handling system was down. We are the 3rd largest in circulation in our state, we are not the 3rd largest city in the state. I feel like I read on my facebook memories that we process 6000 things a day, of course that was a few years ago, I'm pretty sure it's more now. It was down all night and into the next day. I believe we got it up and running shortly before we closed on Wednesday night. It took us back to the olden times when we used to check everything in by hand. 
June 2: I put together a wish for something green:

A birthday wish:
And a wish for stationery. I went to the post office before heading to Hobby Lobby on Tuesday and did not make it to the grocery store today, I just didn't feel like it.
I found one thing in the mailbox on my way to work:
A wish for birthday stickers. Actually I'm looking for stickers that just say Happy Birthday, I didn't realize they were that hard to find.
June 3rd: Woke up with a horrible headache (migraine maybe?) it finally went away about 11AM, so I headed out to the grocery store. Our annual Art Walk was that night. Had plans with a friend, I got a bunch of money hoping to make some fun purchases, I spent a grand total of $22.
What I got:
A cute gnome, a really cute cloud jumping rope with a rainbow and a couple stickers. It was disappointing. 

No comments: