Friday, June 11, 2021

A giant frog

June 4: Got up and went to a garage sale. Spent a total of $1.50:
acrylic hand, Hello Kitty charm, stuffed frog, stuffed turtle. My favorite item is the frog.
Went to lunch with my parents and ordered some new glasses, they're going to be very purple, a big change. Set up my start dates for utilities for my new apartment. Put together the mermaid/unicorn swap:
I thought about sending less, but there's nothing in here I want to keep, so why not?
 My friend dropped off some boxes and we went to Goodwill, dropping stuff off before heading in to shop. Found some cute dresses:
This one has a cut out in the back, it's kinda short, I want to find some knee length leggings to wear with it.
This was a really cute shirt:
but, a bit too tight.
Another cute shirt:
This one fit, I feel I have a couple of this style shirt.
Another dress:
Too tight.
And one more dress:
Also too tight, I really liked this one. I was hoping to get some new clothes. I was saddened most of the clothes didn't fit.
We stopped at Five Below, where I picked up a minion:

I've already packed my other minions, but this one is staying out to help brighten my days.
And we stopped at Home Goods:
This is usually all I get at TJ Maxx as well, it's all about the strange food. I had so much fun hanging out with my friend, it made me see the light at the end of the COVID tunnel. I'm excited to go for a longer thrifting trip in the future.
June 5th: Got up and went to another sale, actually a block of sales. Spent a grand total of $4:
pack of pens, felt rainbow, mini wooden flower pots, tiny teacup, pom poms. I have this idea to put all my purchases in a box and open it when I get into my new apartment, it would be like a fun housewarming gift.
Put together a Send Me Something fluffy tag:
A wish for clear stamps:
A birthday wish:
Another birthday wish:
I received an ATCs with words swap:
This was supposed to be mailed in May. They are very 3D, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them, usually have put them in card sleeves, there's no way these are fitting in there.
And some extras:
She also included the unicorn/mermaid swap:
We're supposed to send 10 different items. I see stickers (1), chipboard shapes (2), washi (3), and tags (4), I guess you could also call the bag (5) a different item. I like the stuff, I'm just not seeing 10 different items.
I also received a card sketch swap:
These are always fun to see how people do the sketches differently.
And an envelope of die cuts:
I really like those caterpillars.
A rainbow tag:
And two pieces of birthday mail.
Had to work that afternoon, it was ok. Had a guy with his dog come in wanting to use our wifi, we made an exception for him and then he didn't do what he said he would, basically just hung out in the cool.
June 6: I started packing. I learned things seem to take up a lot of space in boxes and that I think I will be using way more boxes than I realized. I basically packed up the kitchen, I only use the microwave and a few dishes. I packed all the magnets off my fridge, every time I pass it I feel very accomplished. 
I put together a red, white and blue swap:
And made a card sketch:
Packed my stuffed animals and started on the decorative stuff in the living room.
June 7: My goal is to pack a box a day, I'm sure I don't need to, but it's a good goal. My friend says come moving day, I'm still gonna be frazzled and packing at the last minute, I hope I can minimize a bit of that. I packed most of the day, I have a lot of stuff. I received a couple pieces of birthday mail

No comments: