Thursday, June 24, 2021

A blue doodlebug

June 15: Went shopping with a friend, I needed more leggings, shorts to wear under my dresses and footwear, I almost got it all. First stop was Walmart:
Picked up a couple pairs of jeans, a pair of shorts, a couple pairs of leggings and this cute Minion party favor, it has a squishy, a sticker and a bracelet in it. I basically only picked up the Minion because I wanted a fun thing. Ended up spending about $75 on necessities. That's a big purchase for me, I kept telling myself I wouldn't have to buy things for a few years now, but it didn't help much to curb the price.
Next stop was Target:
I didn't find any shorts for under dresses at Walmart, so I went to Target, I picked up 3 different pairs. Nothing fun there, spent about $35 on those necessities.
At that time I noticed a missed call and found that my glasses were in, I made an appointment to pick them up at 2, so we went to Dollar Tree while we were waiting:
Bought way too many snacks. A bunch of beef jerky, a pineapple soda, some YooHoo's, HiChew, chocolate. I had picked up a YooHoo a couple weeks ago and it was so good, not as great this time around. Also, I've never seen the HiChews at the Dollar Tree, so I had to pick them up.
sticky notes, bag tag, screen cleaner, stickers, journal, glue sticks, Tsum Tsum, silverware, and a sucker. I've been seeing people talk about these cute sticky notes set, I wanted a fun bag tag for our trip over the 4th of July, plus for my trip in September. The screen cleaner I picked up for a friend. These stickers are really cool, I picked up some truck ones, coffee, 80's themed, bee themed and llama themed, plus they are double sided. Found some cute unicorn ones and the elephant emoji ones. Also had to pick up the journal and the glue sticks, I use the glue sticks in my journal anyway. I couldn't believe there were Tsum Tsums at the Dollar Tree, the first one I saw was just kinda laying in the tech section, thought maybe someone left their personal one behind, then I found another one, but only the two.
We went to lunch and then to get my new glasses, old ones:
And new ones:
 
Both very purple, but these new ones are very round and I think stand out a bit more.
Got home, took pictures, tried on stuff and then it was time to go to work. Found a pink swap:
I wasn't very impressed on this.
And a Send Me Something green:
I love the Keroppi stickers and the washi. A third item was a birthday mail.
Had a headache at the end of the night, so I made an appointment to go back and have my glasses adjusted the next day.
June 16: Went to the post office and the grocery store before the appointment. Asked my mom for a ride this time, so we went to a Mexican place for lunch, which surprised me because she doesn't really like Mexican. We talked more about our Junkin in June trip next week and about Father's Day, my dad didn't really seem that interested in doing anything. Mom asked if I wanted help packing, not if I don't want to add to my stress level. I got good news about my move and went for ice cream with a friend after work. We've been having issues with some teens all week, this night some people had to stay late for the police as they said their bikes were stolen.
June 17: Packed my DVDs, that was a whole bookcase, took 4 boxes for all of them. Got all my utilities set up for my move. I didn't get dressed until I checked the mail in the afternoon, it was a wonderful day.
I found a wish for gnomes:

How cute are they?
And a pink tag:
Not as cute, most of the foam stickers were so old they weren't even sticky, I put most of them in a box of art stuff to get rid of.
June 18: Had the day off as I'm working on the 19th. No sales to go to. Found I sent someone the wrong thing, so got something fruity ready to go.
Found 2 things in the mail. A panda tag:
And a piece of birthday mail.
My glasses were bothering me a bunch, so I switched to my old ones. I posted on one of my groups about it and most people said I just need to get used to them. I wonder if it is just me. With all the issues I had last year getting new glasses. Thought I'd give it a bit more time, but I did make an appointment with the eye dr for Monday.
June 19: Went to a few sales in the morning, they were all in one neighborhood and not that far away. Actually there weren't that many. The first one I went to had high prices, and then nothing and then just a sale of books, I didn't look to closely at them, I don't need more books. One of the last sales I went to had all these stuffed animals.
I've noticed sometimes I just pick things up because I want to buy something, like that fish from The Cat in the Hat. I should've just stuck with the doodle bug, the green banana, the dragon and whatever that other thing is.
I also picked up a bag of stickers and tape:
I'm not sure it was worth the price, either. Oh well, I got some good stuff out of it, there were quite a few birthday stickers and I've been on the hunt for birthday stickers.

No comments: