Saturday, June 27, 2020

Unicorns abound


Sunday: I survived Father's Day with my parents. I couldn't handle a whole afternoon with them, so I told them I had time for lunch. We got curbside from Texas Roadhouse, it was good, and chatted.
I made a cat pocket letter:
And got my laundry done.

Monday: I opened at the library, I was in the auditorium to help out with curbside. It was colder out than I expected and raining when I left. I took a quick warm shower when I got home and then attended a zoom meeting that was all about us getting ready to open up.
I found a gimmie gimmie of something unicorn in my mail:
Very cute die cuts.
And some planner stickers:
These are from a new group I joined, I didn't realize it was a planner group. It was just named the Happy Mail group. I fulfilled my end of the swap, but I won't be staying.

Tuesday: I switched shifts with someone else so I opened. I'd rather open when we only have a morning and an afternoon shift, at least in the middle of the week. It was busy with holds and curbside.
Found a pocket letter in the mail:
It was mailed flat, so pretty much everything fell out. The person sending to me didn't say anything about things being out of order. I love the creativity in this.
The goodies:
I got word our big annual art festival is "postponed" until next year. I figured that was going to happen. I'm tired of people using postponed when things are really cancelled. That's what they said about the state fair as well.

Wednesday: I mailed things on Tuesday morning, so it was weird not to go to the post office after work. I was wicked stressed due to not having a work schedule for the next week. My birthday is next Thursday and I just wanted to plan. Lesson learned, put a vacation request in for your birthday.
I found a cat pocket letter in the mail:
Not a lot of decorating on it, she had a lot of goodies in the front, so when I took them out, it wasn't as decorative.
The goodies:
Very cute paper dolls.
As I was so stressed, I was chatting with my birthday twin (I found through a facebook group), we has decided to send each other presents earlier. I was going to wait until my birthday, but she told me to open it, it would make me feel better. It definitely did:
Some stickers, a minion, gummy cactus candy, glow rings and a cute socks.
That minion will be going to work, as I have one at home.

Thursday: I had the day off, finally got my schedule late that day. I have been spoiled with good birthdays lately that when a time comes up that I have to work, it throws me off. I was scheduled in the middle of the day, hard to make plans. Last year, I took the day off, spent it with a friend and the night with a different friend. The year before that, my family went to St. Louis, while not the greatest, a vacation totally helps, just getting away is good for the soul. The year before that I had brunch with friends and then my brother was in town and we went on a house tour and Trader Joe's (I'm not sure I'd been there before).
Found an SMS spiky in the mail:
It's a massage ball, but it really looks like a dog toy to me.
And a postage due.
I made a birthday gift for one of my supervisors and ended up talking to my mom about our plans for the next week. My brother's coming in for the week, I haven't seen him in about a year. I didn't realize it was that long until I was thinking I missed him (that's not something I think very often). It will be nice to do things with him, though it will be weird not actually going somewhere to eat. My 4th of July plans might not happen, usually my dad's family usually has a get together on the 4th, but not very many people have responded this year. I guess we'll see.

Friday: Also had the day off as I was working Saturday. I did not want to go outside, but I had to deal with that postage due, so I finally talked myself into getting dressed and going to the post office. I decided to mail something while I was there, had a tag from Wednesday and we have a week to mail it, this way I wouldn't be too squished for time. The item was postage due because it had what felt like a pen or pencil in it. It wasn't flexible, that's one of the big things that makes it a package. It's so annoying, I don't know why the person sending to me would think it wasn't a package. Refused that, sadly it was a birthday surprise, we'll see if I get the resend before my birthday.
I found a favorites resend in the mail:
This was from back in March. This tea smells AMAZING!
And an SMS cute:
It's like the tiniest, cutest gnome stamp ever, plus he's juggling mail, I might have to stamp it on outgoing mail.
I had gone to a local store to find a gift for my mother:
This is the 2nd time I've been there since they reopened and I never see any of the employees wearing masks, one of my coworkers said I shouldn't go there anymore, I'm thinking it's a good idea. I want to support the small businesses but when you're obviously not doing things to protect people, why should I bother? There's a note on the door saying you should stay 6 feet away from people, but it's not that big of a store. I was going to go to another small business for lunch, but they were closed. I guess they changed their hours, but I didn't find the sign in a very visible place. 
One of my coworkers said she'd trade shifts with me on the 2nd, so I got the afternoon off to plan, such a relief, I totally wrote a thank you card for her.
Saturday: I was woken up at 6, not happy about that. Due to that, I opened one of my blind boxes, Ravel Tales:
It's a yarn ball, and then you unravel it to get to the goodies:
You get a bunch of yarn, three different weights, some felt, some plastic buttons, a couple charms, a name plate and a pom pom maker. The idea is you use some of the thinner yarn to sew the bed for your stuffed animal and the stuff it with the really thick yarn. I love the really thick yarn, so I stuffed it with the medium weight yarn which you're supposed to sew up the bed with. It's a nice concept for kids.
I got Puppadoo:
I bought them for the stuffed animal, the thick yarn, and the fun of unraveling. There used to be this surprise balls I'd seen people making and selling on Etsy, they would wrap things up in a ball with random surprises throughout, unraveling this kinda reminded me of it.
I realized I may have gotten too many things for me to open on my birthday, the only thing I don't have is chocolate.
I had to open at the library, it's our last day of curbside, on the 1st we're opening the lobby for holds pickup, once we get a bunch of the thousands of holds out of the building we'll open more areas for the public. I went up to peruse the movies as we're urged not to add to the bunches of lists of things people have requested that are in the library. I got lost and checked out a ton of movies. I do not need more movies to watch, I need to start reading my books. I'm planning on starting to renew things on Monday, I'll lose some days on a few of them, but I need to get back to my schedule for when things are due. I had a great chat with one of my Tuesday night regulars, that was nice. We're not going to be doing that once we open the lobby. Our intent is to get people to just pick up holds and leave. I got a bunch of interlibrary loan stuff done.
I went to a local deli for lunch, so excited to be able to do that. I was also hoping to go to a British store for some chocolate, but they were closing as I entered the building. They're only open 2 days a week for a very limited time. The last time I was there it felt like they were mostly incense, rocks and tea. Sometimes they have some good chocolate, but it seems less and less, plus they're expensive (I get why, but I can't afford things), I probably won't be going to them much in the future.
My mail was not delivered when I got home, but it came a few hours later.
My You Matter Box:
I like this one this month. The card said it was rainbow month, find a rainbow. I like the idea and plan to think of it as Pride month. There was a rainbow towel, a wish bracelet, rainbow umbrella, a cute card, markers and a frame to color and a cute rainbow phone wallet and ring. I was a bit disappointed in the card this month as it did not tell me prices of things for last month. I like to know prices, the two months before had that.
A 50 loose stickers tag:
I'm so not a fan of those soccer stickers.
A gimmie gimmie of something unicorn:
The washi is so cute.
And sticker flakes:
I'm not sure what this one was for, it was from a group I'm no longer in and I was pretty sure I had received everything I was waiting on.
This was the first week since the week of February 16th that I've gotten happy mail every day. I highly doubt mail is picking back up, but it would be very nice if it was.

No comments: