Monday, June 15, 2020

All the blind bags

Sunday: I put together some stuff to mail out.
A wish for anything Frida Kahlo:
I got this in my Once Upon a Book club box.
Three wishes for a birthday surprise:
I tried to make them all about the same.
The card, washi samples, memo sheets, a die cut, stickers and some tea.
I'd been doing parcels, but as no one was returning the favor, I quit. Everyone else seems to be doing flat stuff, so I went with that. I think it's still good stuff, just less and different.
I also realized I have 303 packages of unopened stickers. There might be a thing as too many stickers, I'm not sure I'm there, though:
And of course I got my laundry done, at least that's a constant for Sundays.
Monday: I went shopping, my plan was to splurge on blind bags as my present for myself for my birthday, I may have splurged a bit too much. I just won't be going shopping any time soon. First up was Target:
I picked up 9 blind bags, plus this shapewear and some sparklers. I bought a dress a few weeks ago, that shows everything, this shapewear goes up really high, about to under my breasts and it smooths out a bunch. My other shapewear shorts have a tendency to sit right under my stomach, which isn't that flattering. 
Next stop was Walmart:
I picked up 7 blind bags and a couple stuffed animals (that were way overpriced), plus a shower curtain (finally), some underwear, some bling stickers, some liquid pain relief and some more stickers. I need to replace my shower curtain and I keep forgetting to pick one up. I have the hardest time swallowing pills, I usually take them with applesauce and cut the acetaminophen in half to take it, but they get stuck in my throat, I thought I'd try this. The bottle makes me think of cough syrup which tastes horrible, I hope this doesn't. The waves stickers are for a tag.
Last stop was Dollar Tree:
I picked up a blind bag. They had some nice new stuff this time around. I've been using black ballpoint pens to write in my journal, but I ran out and had been using colored pens, which I've decided weren't as nice. These pens are wonderful. I wasn't supposed to be buying stickers, but there were K&C co Halloween adhesive borders and these Heidi Swapp word stickers. I noticed the word stickers are printed a bit off, not so much that it's a big issue, but I wonder if that's why they were at the Dollar Tree. I picked up the peanuts for my dad for Father's Day, I have something else, but I wanted a treat, too. My Dollar Tree has a section for Crafter's Square, sadly most of it is wooden pieces and paint, but there are some other things, like this pack of foam tape. I also love these felt flower garlands, I figured I'd cut them apart and use them in crafts.
I can't pass up minions. I just put new stickers on my phone, but I kinda want to replace them with these. I thought the flip flop coasters were way too cute, I'm hoping to find something crafty to do with them. Also, loved these tiny bags. I need to use more of my gift bags.
Some cute gummy bear looking pencil grips, a fuzzy rainbow heart keychain and a couple different deodorants. I had just seen an ad for this spray deodorant, so I thought I'd try it out. I still stayed with my limit of $20, ended up spending a little over $18.
My birthday is in 2 and a half weeks, I want to open everything now. I am done with shopping for awhile though.
I found some fun stuff in the mailbox when I got home. The first was a birthday surprise.
Next up was a cute spring card:
And another cute spring card:
This one came with a cute set of stamps/die.
This swap was for a spring card, but I was also hoping they'd write in the card. It's up to the sender, but It's more fun if you write in it.
Next was a mini sticker palooza swag, a mix between a swap and a tag:
I'm not impressed with these, they will get passed on to someone else.
And an Etsy order, I bought some cute one-eyed monsters for my birthday:
They went in my birthday bag as well.
I put together a SMS healthy and an SMS refreshing for the same person:
I received the avocado car freshener for an SMS unique. If an avocado working out isn't healthy, I'm not sure what is. I know the person I tagged was looking for food, but I couldn't do it. I think these are still fun.
A pocket letter:
I've been trying to use up my stickers, I just choose a sticker pack and use it to make a pocket letter. The sticker pack had all the white edged stickers in it. I found some random stickers on my desk and incorporated them as well.
I also made a card:
For someone in one of my groups that has the same birthday as me, she said she liked glitter and daisies. I realize these aren't daisies, but I hope she'll still like it, I also hope she likes purple.
I also put together a gift for her:
She said she liked cats and dinosaurs, there were other things, too, but I didn't have much. The cat figurines are duplicates from some blind bags I had, they're flocked. I thought she'd get a kick out of the adulting stickers, as well.

No comments: