Friday, June 05, 2020

Catching up again


I'm not doing this on purpose, I just forget to post. I have a journal that I've taken to writing in and I kinda forget about this, but I still want to share things with the world (even though it feels like no one reads it).
Tuesday: I received my You Matter subscription box:
I'm not that impressed. I passed on the facemask to a friend, I feel like I'll give the rest of it to someone for a birthday gift. There wasn't a t-shirt this month.
I also got a sympathy card:
and a hello card:
and a happy mail tag:
There was also a postage due for a swap.
I shaved my legs in the shower that night, that was a labor of love, I hadn't shaved in awhile.
Wednesday: Work was chaotic, it has been since we started curbside pickup of holds. We usually fill up the appointments for the week of by Tuesday of that week, and the next week doesn't open up until Wednesday afternoon, so people are very grouchy about not being able to get a spot. 
I got really excited because my grocery store brought back self-serve donuts:
I'm not a huge fan of donuts, but I really missed them, I think it was the fact that I didn't even have the option to buy them. There was a cheaper price for 6, so I bought 6 and then the cashier charged me the single price for the 6, which of course was more. I also wasn't that impressed with the donuts themselves.
I totally picked up these fruit snacks just because they were monsters.
I went to the post office before work to take care of the postage due, turns out they went to self-serve kiosk and mailed it as a large envelope, but due to the fact that it wasn't flexible, it was a parcel.
It turned out to be a purple swap:
And a flowers swap:
I counted them as mail for that day, which was good because I didn't get any other mail for the day. I learned all the 4th of July stuff is cancelled, that rather bums me out. I finished a book on Ruby Ridge, that was certainly eye opening.
Thursday: Work was slower, that was nice. I went to a local store that's closing soon, it's a drugstore/grocery store. I didn't take a picture of what I bought. I found some shampoo and conditioner for $1 each. I picked up a bunch of my chai mix (I haven't seen it anywhere else, I don't know what I'll do when I run out), 4 containers for $2 each. I picked up a larabar peanut butter chocolate chip bar for 50 cents, one of the youtube people I watch said they were really good, I didn't find it that good. I picked up a couple Lindt Lindor truffles for 25 cents each. I also picked up a couple TY beanie boos, originally $6, they were supposed to both be 30% off, but I was only given the discount on one. That will be the last time I go there. I was going to go closer to the close date, but there's nothing I need there, so I won't. I didn't get any mail and I'm getting tired of people thinking all about themselves.
Friday: I got to pull the holds for the next day's curbside pickups. I liked that position, I didn't talk to any patrons on the phone, so I wasn't annoyed by them. I was busy pretty much the whole day. I miss being busy all the time. Since, I was working with people the whole shift, I had my mask on pretty much the entire time, I had to take it off shortly before I left because it was bugging the crap out of my ears and jaw. 
I'm not sure about my Blessedly Coping box. I haven't heard anything from the owner. I'm a little perturbed that I paid for 6 months and I've only gotten one box. I think I'm done with subscription boxes. I liked the Lollipop box, I just never used any of it, I still have 6 months of boxes from them that I haven't used. I liked the International Blessings box, I just again didn't use much and I can easily get most of it here in town. I'm still kinda on the fence about Once Upon a Bookclub. They always seemed to have shipping issues (of course 2 of the months were after the world fell apart), but I also didn't like the format of the books (all told from at least 2 different perspectives) and of course I didn't use the gifts. 
I received a happy mail tag:
Saturday: Basically just spent the day watching TV and doing stuff on the computer. I did receive a card:
and a birthday surprise, I stuck it in my birthday bag of stuff to open on my birthday, I can already tell I'll have less this year.
Sunday: Another lazy day, I got my laundry done, made plans with a friend to have supper on Monday and had a farewell zoom meeting for a friend.
Monday: my boss gave me the day off. I don't like long weekends, especially now when there's nothing to do. I went on a chocolate shopping spree.
I found this interesting display:
And spent about $30. I picked up some lemon donut holes, some danishes, a strawberry cake slice, sea salt caramel Flipz, a birthday magical and cookies and cream fun mallow, a giant kit kat, a dark chocolate kit kat, a milka bar, an aero bar, a couple things for my birthday box, and some twizzler bites. I went to drop off my phone payment with my dad on the way home and spent too long talking to him, my chocolate was very well melted when I got home. I threw it in the freezer, it will still taste the same.
I got a Dollar Tree tag:
a birthday surprise:
A wish of rainbow stickers/washi:
a wish of floral washi:
and a wish of happy mail:
ready to mail. I received my postage due reimbursement and a penpal letter in the mail. I headed out to my dinner with a friend. It was good, nice to go "out" to supper with someone other than my parents. It ended up being more than I was expecting, oh well. I could definitely tell I hadn't been out to garage sales or out in the heat, it was a lot of work to walk to the grocery store for the chocolate.
Tuesday: Work was ok, we didn't have curbside appointments as it was primary election day. Everyone was contained to the auditorium, one less headache to deal with. 
I received a wish of something minion in the mail:
Wednesday: we added 3 weeks of open slots for our curbside, that should cut down on phone calls and emails. Most of them are of people saying they can't find an open slot. Found these weird fruits at the grocery store:
Also bought a rotisserie chicken, a container of mixed cut melon, and some golden kiwis.No mail that day. I tried the aero bar, it's peppermint and very sweet.
Thursday: It's been wicked cold in my apartment this week, we've been hitting highs of upper 80's and low 90's, so the AC has been on. Being in the basement, it's always cool, turn on the AC and I freeze. Most days, I'm wrapped up in a fuzzy bathrobe, a sweater, flannel pj pants and fuzzy socks under at least one blanket. 62 is way too cold. We got a ton of new movies at the library, I found a bunch more to request. I got my schedule for next week, I have a swing shift (10-3), I hate that shift, I had one this week and I traded it out, saw I had one next week and have just decided to give in and work it. I have a 12-5 and two 8:30-1:30s. I've decided it's kinda like Saturday schedules, we don't need near as many people every week and there's only 3 different shifts. My aunts and I are trying to go to Junkin in June, it was originally scheduled for June 12th, but the organizers pushed it back to July 17th, I got the 17th off, so hopefully it will work out.
Friday: I woke up with a headache and from a really weird dream. Work was pretty slow. There are finally garage sales showing up. I went to a couple right after work, I didn't even stop to have lunch. Again, I could tell I hadn't been out in the heat or walking.
The first one was 10 blocks away, it was a moving sale, lots of kids stuff. 
I picked up a bag of trim, a frog puppet, an Eeyore and Tigger and a butterfly rubber ducky. Total spent $1.25 I totally picked up the bag of trim for this one:
I realized when I was taking the picture, there are embroidered teddy bears on it. I couldn't tell what they were when i picked up the bag, but there were a couple cute trims (like I need more of those).
Second one was 3 blocks from the first one, I went solely for the jars of buttons.
And that's pretty much all I bought, a couple jars of buttons and 3 vintage postcards. Total spent $8.50. A little higher than I'd normally go, but there were some very interesting buttons in the jars. You could tell a lot of the items were pulled from an antique booth, though the prices weren't as high as I see some being. A dollar each for the postcards are more than I'd normally spend, but I really liked these three. I also bought a bottle of water and drank that on my way home. According to my fitbit I reached 10,000 steps before I got home, my mp3 player said I had about 5,000 and my phone had me at 9,500. It's interesting to see the differences in all of them. I realize I move my arms around more than just when I walk. The phone was in my pocket pretty much my whole time at work, so apparently I almost walked 10,000 steps. I also could feel a blister by the time I got home, when I looked at it, I had rubbed the skin clean off. I really need new shoes/sandals.
I found a scavenger hunt swap and a happy mail tag when I got home.
I miss the days when we just sent whatever for the happy mail, this was a free choice one, but it pretty much went with the rules of a normal happy mail tag. She also included a birthday card for me.
The scavenger hunt:
Alphabet stickers, Brads, Clouds (stamp), Doilies, Embossed paper (random pattern and cupcakes), Flowers, Greeting card, Hearts, Iridescent, Junk mail.
Key, Lace, Map, Napkin, Ombre (ribbon), Puzzle piece, Quilted, Receipt.
Stars, Tissue paper, Unicorn, Vellum, Washi, X-our choice (monkey stickers), Y-letter about you, Zig zag
This swap was so fun to do. I like swaps where I have to find stuff and then to find 26 different items. As I was putting my end of the swap together, I didn't know what I'd do with some items: brads, doilies, junk mail, key, puzzle piece, receipt, tissue paper, and zig zag, but I still wanted to do the swap.
I will try better at keeping these posts shorter in the future.

No comments: