Saturday, June 13, 2020

Boxes of yarn

Wednesday: I had to work 12-5, which totally threw my schedule off. I ended up going in to the post office before work. My sticker paloozas ended up being large envelopes, so I just spent about $3. It felt like Tuesday all day because of my scheduled time. I decided not to go grocery shopping on the way home, just because I thought it might be really busy. No mail when I got home.
Thursday: my coworker sent an email saying she was getting rid of some of her yarn, I didn't expect to see this much when I went in to work. Every day I wanted to pick some up, but I don't use yarn for anything, I think jus the fact that it was free is why I wanted it.
It totally felt like Wednesday because I closed the day before and had to open the next day. I stopped by the grocery store on the way home, and splurged on some stuff. They stopped letting people use reusable bags, so I end up with at least 3 bags a trip, even though I don't need that many. I will have plenty of plastic bags to take to the library when we reopen.
I found 4 items in my mailbox when I got home. A dollar store tag:
I love these sticky notes.
A mini sticker palooza,
Everything's from the Dollar store, which is fine. My favorites are the animal one in the middle on the bottom and the ones just to the right of them. I didn't send all Dollar Tree stickers, I just sent ones I wasn't really attached to.
A purple happy mail:
I believe this is the last thing I was waiting on from the group I left. Love it. 
Fourth item was a birthday surprise, that went into my birthday bag.
Friday: had to open at the library, got a bunch of stuff ready to be returned to their libraries. Iowa Shares started running again this week, it's an Iowa courier program. Any items going to Iowa libraries can be transported through it for free, it had stopped running in March when the world fell apart. I know we had a bunch to get back to their libraries, I bet we'll have at least 3 totes of stuff for us, maybe more. I know we were still waiting on some stuff to be delivered when it shut down. I was once again reminded that people are very selfish. We've had curbside pick-up since May 18th, at first we just had one week open to schedule appointments, the first week of June, we opened up 3 weeks. I'm now seeing people book multiple appointments so they can pick their stuff up when it comes in (more or less) instead of waiting for the email saying something's come in for them. So all the other people that are trying to get in for an appointment can't because everyone else is so selfish. It's frustrating. I know we're going to feel it next week. As of now, our earliest time is June 23rd at 1pm. We're totally booked for next week. It's actually not as full as I thought it would be, I'm happily surprised that it's not full up through Wednesday, maybe people are backing off. I just feel I keep finding instances where people aren't thinking of others.
My mother suggested she buy me some sandals for my birthday, here's a couple I tried on:
I really liked the metallic look of them. I didn't pick either of them, though, I picked a black dressier looking pair for work, they were so comfortable, the moment I put them on it felt like I was walking on a cloud. The other is a more sportier looking pair for walking around. I think partly she knew I wouldn't buy any for myself, even though the pairs I've been wearing are very worn out, they're at least 5 years old. The total was over $150, which I feel is high, but I guess for something you're basically standing on all day all the time, it's not really. 
I found a happy mail tag when I got home:
I like the post card, card and bookmark, even though I will probably pass them all on.
I also received a birthday surprise, which I put away.
Saturday: I got to sleep in, and then I felt like crap and basically slept the whole morning. I had lunch and felt much better. I found a flat item in my mailbox:
It's just a pad of writing paper, I'll probably be passing it on as well. I'm not sure about participating in this tag in the future, I keep getting stuff I don't want, usually it's a face mask, so I'm happy it's not one of those.


No comments: