Tuesday, July 21, 2020

National Junk Food Day

July 18: I had 3 garage sales on my list, they weren't that close, but I still wanted to go, mostly because I haven't seen very many close garage sales. I had to leave about 9, as I had to refuse an item at the post office for postage due. I could have done it after I got back, but I knew I'd be wickedly hot and sweaty and I'd just want to go home. I was correct, it was only in the 80's but felt like it was in the 90's, my shirt was very wet and I was ready for a shower and a nap. I ended up not buying anything, I'm trying to do better at that. I walked about 4 miles and was pretty exhausted when I got home. I was very lazy for the rest of the day, I even took a 1.5 hour nap in the middle of the day.
I received a flat tag:
A cute llama journal.
July 19, I recall doing my laundry and reading a book. I don't have any pictures, I barely make 1000 steps on my fit bit and none on my phone. 
July 20: I opened at work, and we had a few weird things right when we came in. I ended up leaving an hour early for vacation.I got a bunch of mail.
Last week the world annoyed me, so I bought some octopuses, they showed up on Monday.
Octopus Stuffed Animal, you can get that here, Blue Octopus Yarn doll, you can get that here, and Crochet Octopus, you can get that here. I spent more than I should have, especially with the trying to save money and not buy things I don't need, but I think they were well worth it. Now I just have to figure out a place to put them.
I also received a File Folder Mermaid Pocket Letter:
The inside:
The back:
And all the goodies:
This isn't due until next week, so I haven't even started mine.
A wish for something kawaii:
Two notebooks, the second one is covered in sloths.
And another flat tag:
Very useful. It was a great mail day.
July 21: I needed to go shopping for some random stuff. My plan was to go on the 22nd, when I have the day off, but I forgot about the thing I have in the middle of the day. If my schedule wasn't changed, I'd have it right after work, due to the change of my schedule, it's now in the middle of the day. I could totally still have gone shopping, I just didn't want to show up all hot and sweaty.
My first stop was Target, I found these cute Corelle plates:
I don't need plates, but they were too cute.
What I did buy:
Mini glitter gel pens (3), pencil pouch (3), paper accents (1). I totally picked up the paper accents for that mermaid file folder pocket letter. I have an issue with pens, I really wanted to get some gel pens I saw someone get at Dollar Tree, but these are too cute. Also, how cute is that pencil pouch? I have an issue with pencil pouches too. I had a birthday discount that saved me 5% discount on my full purchase, it expires August 1st, but I doubt I'll be back before then.
Next was Walmart:
Olaf bank (1), bookmarks (1), dog and donut stickers (1), double stick tape (7 ea), Mario stickers (1), khaki shorts (15). Olaf was in the clearance aisle marked at $5, but he rang up at $1. I picked up the bookmarks because they would be cute to send washi samples on. I'm always needing tape, it used to be I'd pick up one package every time I went shopping. Now that I'm trying not to go out that much, I've been picking up 3 at a time, the last time I was at Walmart was June 15th. I just really liked these stickers, I just can't stop buying stickers. I've been wanting some khaki shorts for work, sometimes I get tired of wearing skirts and dresses to work all the time. In the winter I have pants. I totally skipped the food and the toys.
Last stop was Dollar Tree. 
drain strainers, pens, notepad, banner, blind  bags.
I think it will just be a constant to pick up these mesh strainers, there's nothing in my bathtub drain to catch the hair, so I use the tiny ones of these strainers. I have a ton of the large ones as I don't need anything for my sink drain because there's a garbage disposal. I picked up the mermaid tail pen for the mermaid file folder pocket letter. I picked up the banner for something else, but I don't think I'm going to use it for that. I picked up a couple more of the Ryan's World blind bags, this will probably be the last time I pick them up.
pens, word search, journal with stickers, panty liners, keychain, blind bags, shower pouf. 
I'm always needing these pens, except I got home and realized I didn't need them yet, maybe I can stick them in my new pencil pouch. I'm having a hard time finding my word search book, I realize I could have gotten a smaller one, but I really liked this one. I just bought the journal for the stickers. I picked up the pom pom keychain for my bag. Some more blind bags, these are really fun, and since they are usually $5 or more anywhere else. I'm thinking I'm only allowed to get blind bags at the Dollar Tree. That way I won't be getting tons more. I passed up a lot of clearanced toys at Target. I couldn't pass this shower pouf by, it looks like a pineapple, I can always use a shower pouf.
It's National Junk Food Day, and I knew Dollar Tree would be the place to go for snacks.
Chocolate filled biscuits, cheese danish, apple pie, hazelnut spread M&M's, Toffifay, cherry pie, double chocolate chip cookies, Lucky Charms bar, vanilla filled croissant, Cinnamon Toast Crunch bar, strawberry and cheese bear claw.
I don't have to be at work until the evening, so I had plenty of time for shopping. I was not as sweaty as I thought I'd be, but still plenty sweaty.

No comments: