Friday, July 03, 2020

My birthday

June 30: Work was kinda busy, I was only scheduled for 3 hours, it was mostly just checking in holds. I had lunch plans with my family. We had sandwiches from a local place. Went home and found a red, white and blue tag in the mail:
Took these to work, as I'll never use them.
I decided to open up one of my Surprizeamals:
It's Remy the ram.
Took a picture of all the stuff I have to open on my birthday:
A ton of blind bags, my original plan was to have a pinata filled with blind bags, but that didn't happen. I went shopping one day and said I could splurge on all the blind bags I wanted. After that day I wasn't going to be splurging anymore.
This is my Hollar haul:
And everything I've gotten in the mail:
July 1: This was the day we opened the lobby for holds pickup. It wasn't as busy as I expected. It was pretty steady. I was told we had 780 something people for the whole day, we were only opened 9-6, a shortened day from normal hours. It was pretty steady. Spent about $4 at the post office on my way home and $12 something at the grocery store. I wanted a stuffed crust pizza (I've really wanted pizza lately), but they were all out, so I picked up some Hungryman dinners instead.
No mail, so I decided to open my Hollar haul:
The fruit stickers are actually from Dollar Tree, the dinosaur stickers are from Walmart and the Pooparoos are from HyVee.
I couldn't pass this up when I saw it:
I love Q*bert.
And all the rest of the stuff:
wearing the plastic hats I picked up. I love it all.
July 2: I woke up early and opened all my birthday mail:
This one came with a pin which I wore all day. It seemed only my co workers noticed it.
I passed the facemask on to a friend.
All the kawaii memo sheets.
Cute PDT labels
Some cute tag inserts and a handmade bracelet.
I wish I got a cake like this one.
A bunch of washi.
Love this postcard.
I feel I got this same card last year.
Cute handmade items here.
This is from a friend, where she lives things are still closed, so she just ordered online.
And this guy was in the box, sadly, he does not stand up.
I had minion cereal for breakfast:
My coworkers decorated my desk for me:
And left me a scrumptious looking cake:
I have to work 7/3 and it was wicked humid/warm when I left, so I left it at work.
I had lunch in a park with a friend. She got me a huge card, it fits in a legal 8.5x11 envelope:
Another cute card, and a pillow:
And I opened all my blind bags:
This picture is a mirror of the picture above with them unopened. Here are the close-ups.
I dig Monsters, One Eyed Monster Blobs, Minion, Trolls.
The I Dig Monsters was weird. It came in a popsicle shaped container, with what looked like slime, but it wasn't liquid. It had some water/liquid that spilled out when I took it out. It reminded me of jello but harder. I didn't like the experience, which I feel is half the price sometimes. I like the monster. I love these one eyed monster blobs, I had missed the description that says you get 5 in a bag, so bought 2. Now I have have a bunch to share with friends. The minion one had a sticky minion in it, you're supposed to launch it at some of the packaging, I wasn't interested in that, he does not stand up. I was disappointed in the troll one.
Ugly Dolls, Oh My Gifs.
I liked the Ugly Dolls, when I bought them I didn't realize they had blind bags in them as well. The Oh My Gifs were ok. That green blob is jello. I wish I'd gotten some different ones.
The panda and unicorn are from the Ravelry blind bags. The monkey is Orb Ootz Sqzpalz pods from the Dollar Tree. The hippo is a springaling. The dragons are the Momma and baby Surprizeamals, the green blob and the crab are fruititos and the purple one is a unicorn Surprizeamal.
I'm pretty happy with most of these. Not so much with the monkey, you squeeze it and it poops. Also not so sure about the Ravelrys . I really wanted the yarn that comes with them, though I really like the unicorn. I think I got pretty lucky with blind bags this time around.
Squishies, the monkey again (he jumped in the above photo) and a Pixar blind bag.
Pretty good birthday haul for myself. It was fun to open in front of my friend (which I didn't know how excited she'd be about it, but she said it was fun. I threw away a giant bag of garbage, but I think I missed a few things in it. Oh well. Too late now.
I had plans for dinner with my family, we got food from Boulder Tap house and then had cake (which my brother baked) for dessert.
We had a wicked hard time lighting the candles. Apparently my parents only have really old matches. We finally found some and got them lit, but the slight breeze outside did not help.
My mother got me some cute shirts:
An interesting card:
And chocolate.
I found 4 things in my mailbox when I finally got home.
A birthday card from one of my groups:
One from my aunt:
Flower ATCs for a swap:
and some hedgehog stickers:
I was exhausted at the end of the day. I felt like I was on my feet all day, I had a few hours off them, but it felt like it. It was a pretty good birthday for the world being shut down and people not really wanting to hang out.

No comments: