Monday, July 06, 2020

A narwhal

July 3rd: It was so nice to sleep in. It was the first day all week I got to sleep in. I didn't do much but enjoy the morning to myself. I had to work at 1:15, had my leftovers from the night before for lunch. Work was dead, so dead, I was disappointed we didn't have more people.
I started eating the cake my co worker gave me on my break:
It was so rich, I only got through half of it and felt like I needed a big glass of milk with it.
My brother texted that he had a present for me, so I went home after work, changed my clothes, picked up my mail and wandered over to my parents house.
No picture, but his gift was a pair of socks with guinea pigs on them. I'm rather surprised he gave me a gift, he hasn't given me birthday gifts for a few years.
My mail was a package from Hot Topic, the 2nd part of my gift from a friend. There were some Wonder Women rings:
I really like them, unfortunately they are a bit small.
A pair of Harry Potter earrings:
These are really cute.
And a Harry Potter necklace:
I'm not really a fan of Harry Potter. They were watching Hamilton and I was just about ready to fall asleep, so I went home.
July 4th: I was going to go to a family get together, but I woke up and realized I needed a break from people. I'd interacted with a lot of people all week. I really wanted to go, but as the crowd was expected around 20, I just couldn't handle them.
I got up and made some tags:
For a surprise tag flip, and basically did nothing the rest of the day, it was so heavenly.
July 5th: I got up and got my laundry done. I also made a red, white and blue pocket letter:
And put together a Dollar Store tag:
And organized my stickers, that was was a feat in itself.
July 6th: I almost tripped over a pile of packages outside my door when I left for work:
Fairly certain they showed up sometime on the 4th.
I picked them up and took them to work, and opened them on my break:
I had plans with a supervisor to go to Cold Stone after work. I had a birthday coupon from them. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have inside seating, I might have gotten something better if there was. It was at least 80 degrees out, if not more, I didn't even get through my creation. It was just too much and melted too quickly, which is sad for the amount of money you spend on it.
My plan was to go shopping afterwards, so my supervisor dropped me off at Five Below. It had just opened last week.
I was kinda underwhelmed. I loved this wall of $5 t-shirts though: 
And the other side of the wall:
I feel if we didn't have a Dollar Tree, it would have been better. There were a few things I saw there that I knew I could get at the Dollar Tree, and they were priced over $1. There was a nice home section and a kids crafting section and some workout stuff, like yoga mats. I also had to think about my long walk home.
I did pick up a few things:
I had looked online last week, and found the two stuffed animals (both $5) and some smurf gummies ($1.25). I picked up the Blume blind bag because I know I can't find it anywhere else for less than $10. I also picked up the other blind bag, mostly because I hadn't seen it before and it looked cute. My total was a bit over $20. There was a nice section of blind bags, but with everything being $5, it adds up quickly, I'm sure they count on the fact that people don't think about that.
I headed home after this and stopped at Dollar Tree on my way home:
lighter, bag tag, shot glasses, Ryan's World blind bags, perpetual calendar, pearl pen and another blind bag.
Not pictured: bottle of water and bottle of Mountain Dew and some pads. I love that I bought 11 things and spent a bit over $11, unlike Five below where I bought five things and spent over $20. Again, I feel if we didn't have a Dollar Tree it would be different. I think it's good for people that live that far south here. I bought the lighter for my parents. Last week on my birthday we had a hard time finding matches to light the candles on my cake. My mom even suggested putting something in the pilot light on the fireplace, I didn't feel like burning down the building. I don't know if they will use this, but it was only a buck, so it doesn't matter if they do. I couldn't pass up the monster, probably won't use it, but it's a monster. I'm not entirely sure why I picked up the shot glasses. I've been wanting a Ryan's World blind bag, but I feel they're overpriced, these are keychains, and the perfect price. I love this little calendar, I feel I'll use it next year instead of buying a day by day. I can't pass up a cute pen. And this blind bag was just cute.
I hit 10,000 steps a but before I got home and was wicked tired and sweaty when I got there. I found a couple things in the mailbox.
A tag flip:
I was actually surprised this made it today. I checked tracking yesterday and it wasn't very close. These are pretty cute.
A wish of something unicorn:
I'm a little disappointed in this. It was a resend, I'm fairly certain the first one was a birthday surprise, but she didn't put enough postage on it. 
I hate it when people do that. I'm not going to pay for my mail. I feel if you can't afford to send things out, you shouldn't sign up for things. I've gotten a few resends that you can tell people sent something that was less than they sent the first time so they don't have to pay a parcel rate.

No comments: