Sunday, December 23, 2018

Bother

Saw these on Your Friend from Florida's blog, thought it'd be fun to answer them:
What did you do last year that you had not done before?  I went to St. Louis, that was an interesting adventure. 
Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions/goals for the year and will you make/set more for next year?  What are they? What are your new ones?  I'm not sure I made any last year. I don't really do resolutions.
Did anyone you know give birth?  No. Or become pregnant? No. Or adopt? No.
Did anyone you know die? No. Or have a serious illness/injury? No.
What places have you visited? Like I said, I went to St. Louis.
Any new pets? Lost a pet? No pets here.
What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year (doesn't have to be a physical thing i.e. love, job security, peace of mind...)? More money, yes more sanity, less weight
What date from last year will remain etched in your memory and why? Can't think of anything.
What was your biggest achievement last year? Nothing big happened.
Did you get sick or injured? Nope, didn't even have my yearly cold (Knock on wood)
What was the best thing you bought? Minions
Where did most of your disposable income go (money left over after you pay for food, medical care, basic clothing, transportation, and shelter)? postage and just buying stuff for swaps
What song will always remind you of last year?  Doesn't have to be a song released last year. I listened to Hallelujah by Pentatonix a lot, and I discovered Thunderstruck by AC/DC on Youtube.
What do you wish you would have done more of? Hanging out with friends
What do you wish you would have done less of? watching Youtube/movies and being on the computer
What was your favorite new TV program? Movie? Album/Songs? Or if you didn't pick up any new ones, what are you still watching/listening to? Any recommendations? I don't really pay attention to new stuff.
What was the best book you read this year?  How many did you read? I really liked the Radium Girls by Kate Moore and The Library Book by Susan Orlean. I'm currently at 86, I'm hoping to hit 100 by the end of the year.
What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? Did you feel differently? I turned 35, we were in St. Louis, so that was fun-ish. I didn't like that I didn't get anything for my birthday, it seemed like people forgot because I wasn't around (I'm still a little bitter).
What political or social issue stirred you the most? I try not to talk about politics, though the elections were interesting.
Who was the most interesting new person you met? We hired 3 new people in my department at work, they're pretty interesting.
What changed at your job? I believe I've gotten more Interlibrary loan responsibilities, but I'm not sure if that's just a this past year thing. 
What changed in your home? I got more stuff, cause I spend too much money.
Describe how a relationship changed. One of my closest friends moved to another state.
Do you think you are still the same person that you were at the beginning of the year?  How so? Probably not, I think we all change every minute we're alive. 
Summarize the year in three words or less. Bonus points for doing it in one word. Explain. Not exciting. Does that really need explanation?
How have people around you changed? Please refer to that other question about change
What have you learned throughout the year? (Other than crafts) Things about people that I'm not gonna talk about
What was your favorite outfit for warm weather? Cooler weather? I like jeans, t-shirts and flip flops. The only thing that changes for winter, would be a switch to boots.
Did you learn any new crafts or techniques? I did learn a few new techniques, such as making a shaker with tulle, like this tag:
 I also learned how to marble paper:
What was your favorite thing you made?  Sorry, can't pick just one, but here's a few: I really enjoyed this explosion box:
This set of tags:
 This altered picture frame:
 This ATC:
 This altered notebook:
 This tag:
 This pocket letter:
 And this journal page:
What changed about your physical appearance? I cut my hair in April, cut off over 15 inches. Now, I just wish it were long enough for a braid again.
What are your hopes and dreams for the new year?  To get my parents off my back. I don't really have a lot, because if you hope for things and they don't happen, then you're just bummed. I seem to be bummed a lot lately, I'd like to be less bummed.
I do like filling these out, even though my life is boring.

1 comment:

Terri D said...

You are so creative!! I enjoyed your answers to the Sunday Stealing meme!!