Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Merry Christmas venting

Sunday: I hung out with my friend, she came in from MN, we went to a new bubble tea place, it was good, I feel I'll go back again. Then we went to a local geeky store, Mayhem. I picked up a few things:
 Disney blind bags, Mike from MU, and a Superheroes blind bag. Everything in the store was 20% off, I wanted more, but I don't need more.
Here's a close-up of those Disney blind bags:
 I wanted a whole case of them. Everything in them is something I like.
After that we headed to HyVee for supper and gift opening.
here's what she got me:
 A cute crocheted owl, a sloth eraser on a pencil, a cake, chocolate, Mario star tin with candies, sloth container with putty, TMNT cards and a cute card.
I will say I was a little bummed to open the chocolate, it was about the same as the Kinder cereal bars, with rice in it. I ate it, but it wasn't that good. The cake was wonderful. Got home and slacked off the rest of the night.
Monday, my calendars:
 mine: monkey toy, pocket letter: Christmas ephemera, garland: notepad.
There was chocolate, but it was a mix, because it was originally a Kinder cereal bar and I gave it to a friend. This day was kinda, meh.
I got some great mail, though.
A stuffed pencil case:
 I love all the pens, though the colored ones are actually markers. I'll be passing on some stuff.
An ATC:
 And a secret Santa gift:
 I waited until today to open it, just in case I didn't get anything exciting.
I put together a few tags.
Magnet:
 ATC:
 I basically spent the day reading, it was great. Finished a few books to take back to the library. Went to my dad's sister's for Christmas eve. It was fun. I won a blanket, a giant bag of caramel/cheese corn, knock-off peppermint oreos, peppermint bark covered popcorn, and a word search book. The food will be going to work on Wednesday. We got home close to 11, so I took my shower and went to bed.
Tuesday, my calendars:
 Mine: elephant toy, pocket letter: the paper goodies, garland: snack mix.
Here's what I got for the pocket letter:
 It's an album kit, I love it, but I won't use it. I'm thinking of using it as a replacement swap.
I got up about 8:30, and had a text from my mom saying my brother was already up doing stuff, so I got dressed and went over, only to wait until 10 when his girlfriend got up and had breakfast. I expected nothing from my parents, so was surprised when I found presents from them.
 shirts. I mentioned to my mom once that I didn't have any long sleeve shirts. I don't because it's too warm at the library to wear them, when I'm at home, I just layer up with hoodies and robes. I'm keeping the grey one at the top. The rest are too big because she got me XL. They're from Kohl's, I don't know if I'll find anything I really want there. I do need new black pants.
 pillowcase, stickers, socks, earrings, keychain, ornaments.
I'm not sure why my mother decided to make the pillowcase for me, I do like owls, but I don't need a pillowcase. Also, not sure why she gave me earrings, I don't wear a lot of earrings. I always need socks (just wait for the next picture), I love the frog keychain. Not really excited about the ornaments.
socks, fitbit, chocolate, mug, necklace
 My brother and his girlfriend got me all these socks. I really like the pair that says, fuck off I'm reading. Wish I could tell that to my parents everytime they ask me what I'm doing. I don't want the fit bit, but my mother keeps asking if I want one, so I knew I'd get one eventually. It's just going to tell me I need to exercise more, I already know that. I kinda just want to know how much I walk when I go out walking. I don't think it's gonna change my exercise habits. I love the owl mug, that and the frog keychain in the above photo are my favorite items. The necklace is cute, it's supposed to look like an origami penguin.
 snowglobe, book.
I'm not sure how I feel about the snowglobe, it's cute, but covered in glitter. I'll probably keep it, but it's not coming out this year. Also not sure how I feel about the book. I love books, but I don't like people giving me books as presents, I see it being donated to the library.
Here's what was in that stocking:
It's a bunch of stickers and die cuts and trims and embellishments and that package at the bottom is an altered notebook.
So, Thursday, I'm going after Christmas shopping. I mentioned to my dad that I was going to the Verizon store to get a new phone and he said they have a buy one get one free special, so I should buy mine and give him the free one. That pissed me off. He can easily buy his own phone, last I heard he didn't even want a new phone because the iPhones no longer have the headphone port. And there's no way I can get out of it. I need a new phone, apparently Verizon will no longer support the network my Iphone 4 something uses. If it did, I would just keep it. If I stayed off of Facebook, the battery would last. I plan to talk to the salespeople and see how much longer they will support the network and if not much longer, to see what the cheapest smartphone I can get is. I don't know if it's buy one and get one equal or lesser value. I think my issue is more, why give someone something for free when i'm the one that has a hard time affording the new phone. The ones I was looking at online were $350, that's more than I want to spend, but I guess we'll see. I also have had enough of my family lately.

No comments: