Thursday, December 27, 2018

After Christmas shopping

So, opened at work today, but had to work an hour longer due to the weirdness of the this week's schedule. It was weird because on Saturday, it was pretty dead. Today, I walk in to this:
 Those are all the bins our machine sorts into. The blue lights means they are full (about 50 items falling into them makes them full), there are two extra bins in front that are also full and we have these laundry baskets that we put in front of them when we are closed, so that the overflow will fall into them, those were full, too.
Here's all the carts to be shelved, before we even started emptying the bins:
 It was nuts. I don't know why everyone felt the need to return all their items on the two days we were closed when nothing was due. Work wasn't too bad. Did some after Christmas shopping on my way home.
First stop, was a local flower/gifts shop. All their Christmas was 50% off, plus their clearance basement where everything was marked 50% off the price down there.
 bird, frog, penguin, fluffy ornament, Santa, palm tree.
The bird and frog were from the basement. I have been eyeing this bird since I saw it appear down there, I want to say last spring, but I don't know. It was originally $25, then marked down to $10 in the clearance section, so today it was $5, I don't think I could justify spending more than that. The frog was originally $12.50, marked down to $5, so $2.50 today. The rest were just Christmas stuff. The penguin was $14.50, marked down to $7.25, I wasn't sure I wanted to spend that much on it, but I finally gave in. The fluffy ornament, I just found neat, it was $12.50, marked down to $6.25. The tiny Santa/gnome was $4.50, marked down to $4.25. The palm tree with turtles was $4.50, marked down to $2.25. I put all the Christmas items into my Advent calendar for next year, which I now have done.
Next up was a local drugstore/grocery store.
I saw all these cute Ty stuffed animals:
Those are platypuses in front and a kiwi in back. Talked myself into a platypus:
 Platypus, Oreo candy canes, sloth keychain, chocolate, mermaid ornaments, tree ornament.
The platypus was $5.99, the Oreos $0.50, the sloth $3.50, the chocolate were $0.69 each, the mermaids and tree ornaments were $1 each.
I couldn't pass up the platypus and the sloth, they were too cute and too soft and too cheap. My aunt told me a couple weeks ago, I should try these candy canes, but I couldn't justify spending up to $5 on a box, when all I wanted was one, I can totally spend 50 cents, though. I bought a total of 7 chocolates. I really liked the mermaids and the tree ornaments, decided to make the tree one my keychain.
As I was taking the picture above of the Ty beanies, I noticed a text from my mom saying she and my dad were going to the Verizon store because he was having issues with his phone, so they picked me up on the way over. Turns out they are no longer doing the buy one get one free. But, also, Verizon will support the network on my phone for another year, so I don't have to get a new one. Also, found out tonight, my phone is not smart enough (not new enough) to support the fitbit app. I just think it's kinda funny.
Had a box waiting for me when I got home, it was an ornament swap:
I was a little hesitant to do this, because people seem to be kinda cheap on swaps lately, but i love the selection. I really love that faux wood one with the deer head and the silver and blue snowflake. I may have put those two in my Advent calendar for next year. I totally finished my Advent calendar for next year. Waited for about a half hour for the mailman to deliver the mail, only to get an ad. Finished The Day the Earth Caved in by Joan Quigley about Centralia, PA and the mine fire beneath it.
Thursday, woke up and went shopping. It was weirdly eerie outside, it was overcast and in the 40's but with the temp and the weather, it looked and felt like early evening in the summer. It was weird. First stop was Target:
 Hershey's crunchers ($2.99), Hershey's waffle layer crunch ($3.09), Special K protein snack bars ($2.44), Fiber one bars ($2.44). I picked up the special K and Fiber one bars for when I'm at the bookstore next month.
 ornaments. Everything in the picture was $1.50 except the cup. I figured the birds didn't have to be Christmas. I kinda wanna put these in a bag and take one out when I have a bad day.
I used my Target gift card there and spent $24.
Next stop was Walmart.
stocking ($3.94), shirt ($9), leggings ($3.88), Tarzan movie ($5), bralette ($4.96). I couldn't pass up the stocking, I have no idea why I bought it. The shirt was way too cute. I needed another pair of leggings and the bralette. I was thinking the other day about getting Tarzan from the library, figured I'd buy it instead.
 food. Ghiradelli strawberry ($5), Hershey's cookie layer crunch ($1), LOL surprise egg ($1.48), cookie ($1.49), rice krispie treat ($1.49), chocolate and mint morsels ($2.18) Reece's ($0.50).
Totally picked up the Ghiradelli for Valentine's Day, it's the only time these come out. The Hershey's and Nestle were in the food clearance section. The LOL was in the checkout line and I'm into blind bags. Also, did I mention I didn't have breakfast?
 Surpramals ($4 each), Squeezamals ($4), mash ems ($3), Shimmeez clip ($4), Doorables ($3 each), Radz ($2), unicorn massager ($0.50), monster ornament ($4)
I may have gone a little overboard on the blind boxes. There was this toy arrangement with, I'm guessing, stocking stuffers. I only picked up the ones that were on sale. I would guess they were at least $5 before. I picked up the unicorn massager to pass on in a swap, and I wanted the monster ornament before Christmas, but didn't want to pay the money.
 robot ($3), Frozen tags ($2), stickers ($0.50), ornaments ($1), cards ($3).
I also saw the robot before Christmas, but didn't need to spend $5 on something i didn't need. I wanted the boy ornament, but all they had available was the girl one. Thought I could use the Frozen tags for stuff other than Christmas. I bought these stickers before Christmas, but they're so cute. Also cute, were these ornaments and how could I pass on sloth Christmas cards? I spent about $82 at Walmart, I spent too much, but I know everything will be used, so I feel good about it.
By the time I left Walmart it was raining, or heavy drizzling. It got worse by the time I made it to Dollar Tree
shower curtain, mozzarella sticks, toothpaste, unicorn, Ren & Stimpy figures, Sweettart ropes, floss, blind bag.
I need a new shower curtain and the sticks looked good. I do need toothpaste and floss. I loved the Ren & Stimpy figures, I've been trying to find ones of them where they both look good, and you can't beat the price for these. Everywhere seems to have the cherry Sweettart ropes, but I like the strawberry ones. And of course a couple blind bags.
Dollar Tree was very disappointing. I wish I knew when their stock up day was, I feel lately it's been kinda empty when I go in there.
I tried out the fitbit today. After wandering around the stores and coming home, I walked 8.3K steps. And now it keeps buzzing at me cause I haven't moved much since I got home. I knew it would do that.
I think if my parents would just give me money to go after Christmas shopping for Christmas, I'd like what they got me. I'm always going to go after Christmas shopping, though Target was a lot more picked over this year, too. Though I always feel, if it's not there when I get there I wasn't meant to have it.

1 comment:

Terri D said...

You sure found some good bargains! I went out to just one store and searched the sale racks in vain... left with nothing. Sometimes it's just not meant to be! On to the new year!