Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Peachy cheap grab bag

I received some happy mail on Friday. Someone granted some wishes of mine.
SMS monster:
 I really love that sheet in the upper right corner.
Unicorns:
 Love that big piece at the bottom. I kinda wanna frame it.
Also some boxes:
I love that unicorn box. I'm saving the other one until Christmas
International snacks, SMS elephant, SMS owl:
 I'm not sure what I'll do with that fabric, I admit I don't use hand sanitizer, I wish I could get the elephant off the holder and do something with it.
More monsters and unicorns:
 A Christmas card:
 That candle piece, is a layered die cut, very intricate.
Letter Y
 She went with Year 2019.
Saturday:
 I totally chose something squishy for mine, though I think I'm going to go numerical for the rest of the calendar.
More Christmas cards from Saturday:
 My friend and I checked out a handmade holiday market but didn't find anything to buy. I was thinking as I was waiting for her to pick me up, maybe the reason I don't have faith in people is that everyone seems to let me down. I wait a lot on people (I remember doing that a lot when I was with my ex), which is probably why I don't ask people to do things for me, I hate waiting. Obviously not everyone lets me down all the time, but I wish I had someone that never let me down, whether a friend or boyfriend.
Sunday:
 And the Tsum Tsum:
I left the chocolate Santa for size reference.
It was a double header day for basketball. I wish there was more time in between the games. I feel like I hardly get home and I have to go right back. I usually do 2 hrs for the first game and 4 for the second. Someone told me they do 4 and then 2. If I was more prepared I'd bring my food and do that. There is nothing I want to pay for food wise at the stadium.
I also realized my supervisors totally have my back. That's a great thing to know. I mean I knew it for some things, but something came up that made me feel really good about working the games.
I got home from the second game about 8, actually at 7:50, which means we got done early. The bus passed me on my way home. I didn't even look at the time, I just started walking. I knew I'd have to walk home. I had planned to walk home for both, but considering I had so little time between them, I walked halfway home and caught the bus the rest of the way, so I had enough time to throw my laundry in the dryer and get it out before I had to be back for the second game. I didn't sign up for the next double header because it's at the end of an 8 day stretch at the library, the bookstore and the games. If I get all the hours I said I was available for, it's over 60 hours of standing and I feel I'll be tired of standing. We'll see.
Monday:
 I was kinda disappointed with all the items. Even my own advent calendar. Oh well, can't hit them all. I do like the reindeer wood piece and some of the metal charms.
Normal day at work, I stopped at the post office on the way home to lessen some of my weight on Wednesday, of course I didn't have any of the big stuff packaged up, but it will still help. Found some happy mail when I got home.
Christmas pocket letter:
 Christmas cards:
 I love that snowman one.
And my Black Friday Peachy Cheap grab bag came (later, because apparently package delivery is different than mail delivery). I separated the pictures into what I liked and didn't like. First up what I'm not too impressed with:
 I don't do scrapbooking, but may find something to use the photo overlays on, I might use the copper words, but they are big, I like the sequins, but probably won't use them. I'm not sure what that huge flower thing is.
Here's a close-up of the sequins:
Like I said they're pretty neat, the brown are gingerbread men, the white snowflakes, the white and red candy canes and the green trees.
The Christmas stuff:
 I just wish I didn't have my Christmas crafting done. I want to make something, but I don't know what I'd use it for.
Close up on the snow and cocoa pack:
I was super excited about these.
And the other stuff I liked:
 I'm not a huge fan of the Halloween paper, but they are double sided, so I can always use the other side. I like the other paper pad and thought it looked familiar, the last paper pad I got from peachy cheap was also pink paislee, so the patterns are similar.
Close up of the journaling cards:
 The front says there's 20 double sided, I haven't opened them, but it looks like it shows both sides, except that there's an extra in each size.
Close-ups of clear stickers:
Love these, because they are the same line as something I bought at Hobby Lobby. I've really wanted to go shopping, so this helped. Of course like any other time I get these, I just want to hoard everything. I also read a book: Judas by Astrid Holleeder. 20 more books and I've read 100 this year. I'm gonna keep going and hope I make it.
Tuesday:
I love that fuzzy wooly mammoth. I switched with another person because they wanted the morning off, so I'm going in at 10. It's 2019 in three weeks, I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

No comments: