Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Wednesday Medley

It's time for the Wednesday Medley. Head on over to Terri's blog at Your Friend from Florida, to see what other people's answers are.

1.  Are there candy canes left in your house right now?  Did you hang some on your tree?  Do you even like them? I don't like candy canes, so no, none in my house.
2.  Without a graphic, today is also National Thank You Note Day!  I like receiving that thank you note in the mail for a gift I have given.  Are you good about getting thank you notes in the mail after Christmas (or any occasion calling for a note)? I'm not good at sending thank you notes. I'm good at thanking people, just not in sending that note.
3.  How are you feeling on this day after Christmas?  Tired, let down, still glowing?  I have felt all of those at one time or another and sometimes all of them at once! Tell us about it. My previous post says I'm tired of my family. I always build up Christmas, even though I know it won't live up to my expectations, this year it was a bit different. Our trip over the 4th of July was supposed to be my birthday and Christmas present, so I didn't expect anything from my parents. I actually got some things from them, some better than others, but that's life. I'm going after Christmas shopping tomorrow and Thursday. I told my dad about getting a new phone on Thursday and apparently Verizon is having a buy one get one free on phones and he told me I could give him the free one. I was really looking forward to my shopping trip away from my family and people (people that I have to interact with for work), and now I have to meet with them. I'll be limiting it to our meet at Verizon, so I feel it will be OK, plus I have Saturday off.
4  It is "tradition" to leave the tree and decorations up until after January 6th, to honor the Epiphany. When will your boxes be packed and put away until next year?  Are you, like me, thinking about doing it right now? My decorations are more snowman than Christmas (because I collect snowmen), so I leave them up until I'm tired of staring at them. I predict it will be after Jaunary 6th.
5. Looking ahead to New Year's Eve, do you have plans?  Have you ever celebrated big in New York's Time Square? Would you even want to be there? I don't really have plans for New Year's. I did buy myself some sparkling grape juice for it. But, I'll probably just watch a movie by myself. I would not want to be in Times Square, way too many people. It'd be fun to go to a party with friends, but I bet I won't be up until midnight.
6. Tell us something random about your week so far! How about these socks my brother got me for Christmas?
There was also a pair of a spaceship beaming up a person, apparently it didn't make it into the picture.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Hope you have a happy New Year. We don't have plans for the evening either.

Nonnie said...

No plans yet for us for new year's. Socks are always fun!

Terri D said...

Cute socks! Sorry you are disappointed with your family and the holidays.