Monday, December 17, 2018

socks

Friday: My calendars
 Mine: macaron squishy keychain and cactus die cuts, pocket letter: washi samples, garland: coffee cozy.
Not sure what I did all day, figure I was reading. The mail wasn't delivered until after I left for work.
Happy mail:
 this was ok, not really liking the paper
Sticker swap:
 It's ok, it's stuff I already have, so nothing new.
A holiday card:
 And my goodie package:
 My aunt does holiday baking after Thanksgiving and then sends the goodies to at least my brother and I, but I'm sure other of her nieces and nephews.
Saturday: my calendars:
 mine: the squishy keychains, pocket letter: ribbon gems and washi, garland: tea.
I had the day off and planned to make a Christmas explosion box but I kept getting interrupted, so I finally stopped. I had signed up to create a pocket letter and then had to change who I was sending to, because someone changed their mind.
 I made this one as thin as possible because it's being sent to Portugal. I hope it's considered a letter.
keychain:
 And then I decided to open my 12 Days of Christmas envelope swap.
 Not too impressed with the ribbon, but I love the packaging on the tea.
 These are cute appliques
 Again, I like the packaging of the tea.
I was going to stop after three because it would be three days in.
I created a card
 And received a stocking stuffer swap in the mail.
 This pissed me off. We were supposed to fill a small priority mail box or the cardboard mailer. We agreed on the small box and my partner sent me a small envelope, not priority mail. When I messaged her asking about it, she said this
I told her she was rude. I really wanted to say she was a bitch. I sent this on to the hostess but I don't think anything will be done. I'm deciding whether to leave the group or not.
That's the main reason I leave groups, I get screwed over in a swap and people don't do anything about it.
I also got this package in the mail:
 I have no idea what it was supposed to be for, and won't use these items.
So after my disappointing mail I decided to open the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas envelopes:
 I have these stickers and there's that cute tea packaging again.
 Not too impressed with this one.
 Love these appliques.
 I think these are cute, but I don't know what I'll do with them.
 Love these, they are wooden printed buttons, I will probably hoard them.
 These are wicked cute.
 Love these stickers. I love coffee ephemera, I don't know why, I don't like coffee. Again with the tea.
 These are cute, too.
 And, not a big fan of these. I was going to give the tea away, but I really want to keep the packages.
Sunday:
 mine: the snowman and blind bag, pocket letter: buttons, garland: bling.
I started putting together my advent calendar for next year and decided to put a roll of washi in each bag. I think there should be an advent calendar of washi, how fun would that be?
I had a game and did laundry, my Sundays are never exciting.
Monday:
 mine: the keychain and ornaments, pocket letter: the bling, garland: the blingy ribbon.
I went to the mall and Walmart after work to return some shoes and see if my TJ Maxx had anything fun.
Found this cute robot at Walmart:
 Almost bought him, but decided to wait until my after Christmas shopping next week to see if any were left.
I did pick up a robe ($20), double stick tape ($6), some hair bands ($3), some Reece's pretzels ($3), and an Oreo bar ($1). I'm trying to not buy more stuff for my groups, I have enough stuff that if I don't have something, I just won't participate in that thing.
I didn't find anything fun at TJ Maxx, picked up some gift tags that didn't have to be Christmas ($2) and went home. I was wicked tired by the time I made it home.
Mail came late, but I had a ton:

 Christmas ornament:
 Love this little guy, except that his flaky stuff falls off.
Surprise:
 Not impressed with this, maybe I'll pass it on to someone else.
Christmas happy mail:
 Love this. It's one of the few times I've liked the happy mail tag I've received. I love how she made the angel wings and send the washi samples and wooden veneers.
Red swap:
 Nothing too exciting, I'll still use most of it.
Die cuts for a card template:
 These are from the group that had the stocking stuffer swap. I love doing these card templates, not a lot of people do them and we always seem to get a package of die cuts for doing them.
Wacky Wednesday: glittery
 I love this, but it came in a regular envelope, so was broken. I'm not sure I can do anything with it. I wish people would package things correctly. I realize this person is in Canada and probably didn't want to spend a bunch on shipping, but she chose to tag me knowing I live in the US.
RAK
 I love this stamps, but will probably pass them on, as I don't use stamps that often.
Christmas ornament:
 Not impressed with this one, I got this exact ornament in a swap and sent it along to someone else.
Sticker swap
 LOVE everything in this.
 These were some extras. I felt so special that she picked stuff that I liked. One of the few times I like everything I get in a swap. Sadly, I found she sent the exact same stuff to someone else. I didn't feel quite as special anymore.
Pocket letter:
 Cute take on the photo theme.
So, I bought this 12 days of Christmas socks at Micheal's last week and I'm having so much fun with it. My nightly ritual is to take a shower before going to bed and my feet always get cold, so I wear socks. I've been opening each door after my shower.
 I never realized opening socks would be so much fun. Maybe I should just buy myself one of these each year.

No comments: