Thursday, December 20, 2018

Minions galore

Tuesday: calendars:
 Mine: penguin, pocket letter: clear stamps, garland: s'mores cup
I see I started packing less in my personal advent. I guess I ran out of stuff to put in it. I will be passing on the stamps and cake to someone else.
I was pretty productive getting swaps and tags ready to mail out.
Personal swap:
 Someone had posted they had a 5 ornament swap ready to mail, I wanted to do it, but I'm really trying to not buy more for the group, and then I got the Santa and knew I wouldn't use it for anything, so I chose to do the swap. The snowflakes were from my other ornament swap, the hippo I got last year, the owl I bought earlier this year and the hedgehog I've had. I threw in the unicorn because she likes unicorns. I also put the s'mores cake in there last minute.
Pencil pouch:
 This swap was to fill up a pencil pouch with things. I was trying to figure out what to put in a pencil pouch and went with a notepad, sticky notes, washi, flat eraser, 3D eraser, altered paper clip, shaped paper clip, colored pen, a couple pencils and a cute pen.
I had an unpleasant phone call with my dad because my parents just can't stay out of my life, so I opened a wrapped present I was sent:
 Love these, I was going to buy this set at TJ Maxx back in September, but they all had some kind of flaw. These will not store salt and pepper.
I attempted to make something, but I just kept getting interrupted, so gave up. After getting so many packages on Monday, I received one Christmas card on Tuesday. Work was challenging, more issues with our media box.
Wednesday: calendars
 mine: ornaments, pocket letter: brads, garland: paper
This is a really bad picture. I like the ornaments, wish I could have opened them a little sooner and put one in the ornament swap. I remember the snowman had this dangle on it that said baby's first Christmas, but I just wanted the ornament, so I popped that off.
Work was again challenging, more issues with the media box and then found some issues in other things I take care of. I actually got home pretty early (around 2), which was surprising given the line at the post office was pretty long. I had to work a basketball game that night, so I read some more in a book. It was a very small crowd at the game and I was happy I was only there two hours. I walked home with a co worker, and it was the first time I've walked home that I wasn't cold. It was 40 degrees out when I got home.
Also, no mail, that was weird.
Thursday, calendars:
 mine: blind bag, pocket letter: stickers, garland: garland kit.
Here's what was in my blind bag:
 She's got a really big head and is sticky and squishy.
Apparently my Thursdays are the most exciting day of the week. Had plans to have lunch with a friend and we decided to go shopping as we haven't done it in awhile. I got a lot of minions.
First stop was Goodwill:
 I was really hoping to find some cheap crafting supplies, but found a minion for $2 instead. I was bummed after having my phone call with my dad on Tuesday that I didn't buy the cute robot on Wednesday, so I bought a few today.
We went to HyVee next where I picked up a couple Russell Stover chocolates for $2. Next up was Perkins for lunch, I had a skillet thing which I was told was the more healthier option of what I wanted, but it was pretty bland.
Next up was Overflow Thrift:
 I had to pick up this bag, it's almost the same as the bagallini I have now, but not that brand. I will need a replacement soon, last Thursday, my aunt showed me that TJ Maxx has them, but I didn't find what I wanted then or on Monday, so to find this one for $3, I was sold. I found a cute Woodstock ornament, some fish earrings I figured I could use for crafting and another minion. Total spent here $5.
We traveled to Affordables next:
 And I found a couple more minions, but didn't want to buy both. I'm not entirely sure why I bought the penguin, but he was cheap. The ornament is a "Thing 2" from The Cat in the Hat, I decided it didn't have to be Christmas. Total spent $3.
It was a fun day hanging out with my friend, I spent less than $20, and I'm really tickled at the minions.
I found a few things in my mailbox when I got home.
Template winnings:
 Not a fan of the snow angel kid, but figure I can always pass it on.
Random swap 10 red items:
 Obviously more than 10, and I love how she had it packaged, everything was in the mini stocking. I wish I thought of that, I have a mini red stocking.
Wishes:
 of tea and something angel. I wanted something more cutesy, and the teas all smell wonderful. I realized the other day, I could drink a cup of tea every day I'm at the bookstore with all the different tea I'm getting.
Wrapped Christmas gift:
Obviously I didn't want to wait. I love these, especially the Gorjuss girls. I'm not really into the Gorjuss girl stamps, but I really like these stickers.
Next Thursday, I'm going after Christmas shopping, so I know I'll be posting.

No comments: