Thursday, February 07, 2019

Lots of Reese's

Monday: We were back to colder, I got my somewhat heavy coat out. I stopped by the grocery store on the way home to raid their Reece's stash, because one of my swap partners liked Reese's chocolate
I wish they had just a bag of Reese's chocolate, wouldn't that be fun? Kinda like a grab bag of M&M's, you'd never know what kind you would get. Anywho, chose a few for my partner and kept some for me.
Put together a personal swap:
 This person liked sloths, Gorjuss girls and unicorns.
Received my 8 Day Valentine treat bag swap.
 This was a fun swap, I don't want to wait until Thursday to start opening. I hate being the bigger person and not complaining about things that happened while waiting for this swap to be delivered.
I also received a destash tag in the mail:
 It was ok, a lot of stickers.
Finished my swap that I had to pick up the Reese's for.
 Put together a favorite color of purple tag:
 Tuesday: I received mine Winter in Blue and White ATCs back:
I'm in this group that basically gets rid of things you don't want. I remember a few years ago when I was in this group, people who want the things you're getting rid of seem to make it so much harder. I feel you want the stuff, you should be jumping over backwards to get it.
Two people annoyed the crap out of me on Monday, so I decided when I got home from work I was done with the world. Posted a few things on Facebook and then turned off technology for the rest of the day and read a book. The world was still annoying me on Tuesday, so I mostly tried to finish the same book, and I succeeded, it was called Loot by Sharon Waxman, it was about all the ancient relics in museums and how they don't belong to them and should be returned to the places they were taken from. Like, pieces of the Parthenon that were removed by an English guy and are now in the British Museum. It was a very interesting book.
I hate that I have a hard time getting to bed at a reasonable time on Tuesdays. I close at the library, so I get home anywhere between 9:15 and 9:30, sometimes later depending on things. I have to open at the library on Wednesdays, meaning I have to be there by 8:15. I can't get home and go right to bed.
Wednesday: work as usual. I spent over $40 on postage, mostly because I stupidly didn't put a swap in a Priority flat rate envelope, that would have cost $7 something, I spent $10 something on it. And then I get home and start posting proof of postage on my facebook groups, but found out one person was no longer in a group. And of course that package was the heaviest other than the big swap I sent out. I'm very annoyed with the world lately. I just want to sit at home, and eat and ignore the world. Why can't people just be considerate of others?
I had a wish of tea waiting for me when I got home, and I slacked off the rest of the day. I took a shower about 8pm and when I came back to get on my computer, it wouldn't turn on. Ok, that's a lie, it turned on for a second and then shut off. I tried the power button and it wouldn't do anything, so I took it apart, looked at connections, everything looked fine and got really upset. At one point, I took out the battery, looked at it and put it back. Honestly, had no idea what I was doing, but there was nothing else to do. I put it back together and it worked for about 5 minutes. So, I took out the battery again, put it back and it worked for a lot longer, figured it had to be a battery issue, thinking maybe a connection thing, because then it died again. And I went to bed
Thursday: Got up hoping the computer fixed itself overnight, it didn't. I had emailed my tech person at work asking her input on it. Called her after the library opened, of course she can't see it over the phone, but after describing things to her, she agreed it was a battery connection issue, said there were communities online that mentioned putting a piece of cardboard between case and battery, that helped. I had taken the case apart again and it seemed to work fine after touching the battery connection. And seems to have been working fine all day. I have noticed the fan doesn't seem to be running, so that's probably an issue in itself. Using it tonight, I have noticed the battery is not getting warm (which it usually does, now that I know where it lives), but the place where the power plug goes in is, kinda. Anywho.
Had lunch with my parents, they gave me money for stuff and I realized I had more money in one of my accounts than I realized, that's always a nice feeling. I made another savings account and have been putting my earnings from Hilton in there. My friend suggested it as a house fund, today my parents suggested putting away money towards a phone, now I'm thinking it should be a new computer fund. Don't know.
Received some happy mail today.
SMS unique:
 It's a scalp massager with a unicorn pen in the case with it. While I agree it's unique, I'm never gonna use it.
Favorites swap:
 And everything out of the bag:
 Interesting collection. I like that she made stuff for me.
Valentine's Day happy mail:
 I'm loving the socks and the towel, I don't know what I'll do with the rest. I wish I had someone to make up a Valentine's day gift for, I'm getting a lot of valentine's stuff I'm not gonna use.
Vintage Valentine's ATCs
While these are cute, they reek of cigarette smoke. I never know how to get that smell out of things. I have them sitting next to an air freshener right now.
And I got to open Day one of my count down to Valentine's Day swap:
I'm excited for chocolate.

No comments: